Friday, March 19, 2010

Read All About It: Kala's Quest

I enjoy reading, but when I find a good book, it takes up all my time and I get nothing else accomplished. So, I go through reading spurts: I'll read a lot, and then I won't read anything. During my last and latest reading spurt, I read "The Hourglass Door" (good book, can't wait for the second one), "The Lovely Bones" (creepy & realistic and left me feeling icky), "The Princess Academy" (a feel-good, easy read) and then I picked up Shannon Hale's "The Actor and the Housewife" and absolutely LOVED it!!! I just love a good book!!! It's now at the top of my favorite reads ever, alongside the "Harry Potter" series, the "Twilight" series, "The Secret Life of Bees", and "The Moonraker's Bride", just to name a few. I have a difficult time finding books that really satisfy me, but I'm so thrilled when I discover one that does! It's like finding treasure at the end of a scavenger hunt; the quest excites me, but I'm SO happy when I find that "one good book" that makes it all worthwhile!!

4 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I'm sorry The Lovely Bones wasn't a favorite of yours... I really loved it... I can understand feeling icky... I think I watch too much CSI, Criminal Minds, SVU, etc. and read too many creepy, scary books... :) I have The Hourglass Door but I haven't started it yet. My book club just read Bloodroot, which was really great. Now we're reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... :)

Eve said...

Ooh! Thanks for the suggestion! I really like "The Red Tent", "Bel Canto" and "The Time Traveller's Wife".

Sunshine Designed said...

Get your hands on "The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl". It is raw and powerful. Love it.

Amy - said...

I really like her books. Try "The Book of a Thousand Days" it is such an easy read. I listened to "Princess Academy" (book on tape) when I was driving to Iowa. Books on tape make the drive go SO quick!