Friday, December 2, 2022

Bear River H.S.

I graduated from Bear River High School in 1997. In June, we celebrated our 25th class reunion. Josh was able to come with me (he usually doesn't) to the reunion held at the fairgrounds in Tremonton.  Jonah and Micah were still gone on their boys' trip that weekend, so we dropped Kanyon off at his friend Gunner's house near Idaho Falls on our drive south, so he could have some friend-time, too. As a result, it was an overnight trip for just Josh and I. My parents thought they'd be out of town that weekend, so instead of staying with them, I reserved a room at one of the hot springs resorts in Idaho that was somewhat close to the border. It was near Preston and used to be called "Riverdale", but now it's known as Bear River. I thought it was funny that we stayed at "Bear River" Hot Springs for my 25th reunion at "Bear River" High School! 

We arrived at the Hot Springs and checked into our room on Saturday afternoon. We had a little bit of time before leaving to go the reunion, so I soaked in the outdoor pool, and Josh rested in the room!



The hot pool

The warm pool

I didn't go on the waterslides or soak in the cool pool.

My parents ended up being home after all, so we stopped by Providence for a short surprise visit on our way to Tremonton. 


The reunion was so nice, and we had a great time! There was a big turnout of classmates--probably the best we've had since graduation. The large fair building was decorated really nice, a yummy dinner was catered, we had lots of time to chat and visit, we took group photos, and a band came and played after dinner and people danced. 

At dinner, I sat by my high school bestie, Kim.






L-R: Jessica, Kala, Melissa, Kim, Natalie, and Christine


We spent a couple hours there, but decided to head back to the hot springs so we could soak before it closed for the night. We took a different route back to Preston, through some small northern Utah towns, and passed an awesome fireworks show in a tiny town that was unknowingly celebrating its anniversary! It was such a cool, random experience! We made it back to Bear River Hot Springs with less than an hour to soak. By this time, there were a lot less people in the water, which was nice. Josh and I soaked in the hot pool for quite a while, then ended our soak in the warm pool. 




Unfortunately, the pools at Bear River Hot Springs were closed on Sunday, so we didn't soak the next morning. We drove back to Salmon and stopped on the way in Terreton to pick up Kanyon since Gunner's family was at their grandma's house for Sunday lunch. I used to work with Gunner's grandma, so that was fun to catch up with her as I waited for Kanyon to get his things. He'd had a great time at Gunner's house, and happily spoke about all the stuff they did as we drove. It was a wonderful weekend for all of us!

No comments: