Monday, October 1, 2018

June 2018 Randoms

June 4: I had a teacher work day on Monday, June 4. Exactly one year ago, I began moving into my classroom at Terreton Elementary,and now one year later, I wrapped up my first year of teaching homeroom by packing it all up for the summer! The classrooms across the hall are getting renovated, so they had to move their things into both of the 2nd grade classrooms. It's weird to think that when I first started moving in a year ago, it looked eerily familiar to this sight that I left behind on this day!  


June 5: I freaking love hammocks!!! This is what I LOVE to do the most during the summer months:

And I really like when Josh sits/lays in the
hammock by me! It's just as relaxing for him!


June 8: This was my first strawberry picking of the season from our garden. This is only the second time I've ever been able to pick strawberries from our garden in the many years we've grown them. After much trial and change over the past few years (including adding a net over the top of the plants, cutting down a tree, and transplanting the plants to a different spot), we finally achieved some success! This is the most we've ever gotten before, and it was exciting! They were so yummy and juicy! I was hoping there would be many more pickings throughout this season, but I think I finally understand why I never have much luck with strawberries in my garden: because this particular breed ONLY grows strawberries ONCE a year!!! It's a June-bearing type rather than an ever-bearing variety. Totally makes sense now, but I always thought it was due to other reasons. Next year, I'm digging them up and planting the kind that I really want!!!


June 11: Ammon was mowing at the golf course in the morning, and as he was going up the hill to the upper teebox on nine, the wheels spun on the wet grass, and he spun out and the mower went into the ditch. Josh's employees always seem to land the mowers in the ditch! However, after four years of working at the golf course, this was actually Ammon's first time doing it! Josh put these pictures on the "Employee Wall of Shame" (aka the golf course facebook pag)e, and Ammon took a lot of crap from some of the golfers over the next few weeks about it!



June 13: My sister surprised me with these in the mail. It was a super fun surprise! Trina had surprised us by coming to Ammon's graduation party in Salmon at the beginning of June. While she was here, we got talking about books. She and I both share a love of Roald Dahl, and I told her I've been on the hunt for the book "Fantastic Mr. Fox" all year for my classroom. Every time I went into a thrift store (at least 2 dozen times over the past year), I'd search for it, but never got lucky. I got home to find a package waiting for me with several Roald Dahl books inside my classroom library, including the highly coveted, eluded book! I was so thrilled with the surprise!


June 13: Micah got stung by a bee on his cheek while riding his motorbike with friends. He swells up like his dad!!

June 15: I took Micah to the doctor to get some steroids to help with the swelling, because after 2 days of applying topical and oral antihistamines, nothing was working!


June 18: Josh and I both appreciate beauty in the world around us! Josh captured some low-lying clouds on the mountains overlooking the golf course, and I was impressed by the amount of blossoms on this year's lily plant in our flower garden!



June 24: We seem to not get enough sleep anymore!!! Aging isn't all it's cracked up to be...
Josh on the church lawn during Sunday School. Naps are lovely!

Resting on the deck, basking in the sun's glory on Sunday afternoon.

Okay, I was staging sleeping in the first photo, but Josh wasn't ;)


June 26: The twins hauled hay bales for Grandpa again this summer. On this particular day, they were in a hurry so we could go to town and open checking accounts, and Micah was driving. He got the hay truck stuck in the borrow pit next to the road, and couldn't get the truck to back up anymore due to the wet, thick grass. Josh took his truck down and pulled out the hay truck with it. Micah floored it in the process, and ended up hitting the hay bale right behind him!! It was funny listening to the twins argue over the whole ordeal--they basically argue about everything--because Jonah kept thinking he could do it better, and he kept telling Micah so, but Jonah actually backed the car up into another car in the church parking lot just a few weeks earlier, which Micah recalled for him!



No comments: