Thursday, December 30, 2010

Family, Food, Fun, & Fanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with the Perkins family in Utah this year. Other than the long, snowy, treacherous drive down the day before the holiday, the rest of the trip was a delight!!!

It was so fun being with my family, and all my siblings came to Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' home this year (except for Lisa and her family from the east coast), which hasn't happened in a long time! My cousin Lizzy joined us, too! And the best part about that day was the fact that even though there were almost 20 of us there together for several hours, there wasn't any fighting or arguing the whole day!!! That's a success for the Perkins family!!!

It was an awesome Thanksgiving all-around: being in the company of my family, eating lots of wonderful and delicious food, and playing and having fun together! I can't convey just how much of a good thing it was, because it was more of feelings I felt rather than a series of events, so instead, I'll display some photos from that wonderful day...


WAITING for dinner to begin....

(I love my mom's big kitchen!) (and I love that my mom used her good China to set the table with)

Some of my FAVORITE FOOD that was prepared...
(Turkey--light meat and dark meat separated)
(Real mashed potatoes and homemade gravy)
(yummy rolls)
(no Mormon Thanksgiving is complete without the green jello salad!)
(My personal favorite from the day--Marshmallow Yams)
(Two of my home-grown, home-made pies: Apple and Pumpkin)


EATING the big feast...


LOUNGING around after...
(Love my parents' big sectional couch that's conducive for lounging!)
(Look at the matching holes in their socks! Too funny!)


MAKING graham cracker & gingerbread creations...

SO THANKFUL for my family--I love them so much! And I'm grateful for reasons to get us all together--like Thanksgiving!! (Thank you Lizzy for taking this photo!)

1 comment:

Sunshine Designed said...

It did turn out to be a great yummy day. Thanks for coming and taking some pictures.