Monday, December 20, 2010

20th Day of Christmas - Kimi

Introducing...my friend KIMI
Kimi's name is spelled with 4 simple letters, just like my name is. Her real first name (Kimberley) is longer, just like my real name is. And her name gets mis-spelled all the time, just like mine does! Kimi and I have a lot in common, and not just because of our names!

Kimi is a senior in high school, and she reminds me a lot of me when I was her age. She is outgoing and fun, she is involved in a lot of activities, and she likes boys a lot!!! She sings in the show choir, she acts in plays, she's involved in sports--she played volleyball for years and she was the football manager this year, and she's a leader in 4-H and has been on the student council. She is popular and knows how to have a good time!

I know I've blogged about her before, but I just love this girl. She feels like a little sister to me, and is the same age as my youngest sister who I don't get to live by. Coincidentally, I'm also the same age as her oldest sister. Kimi started coming over to my house when she was about 12; she came with her friend Tina to babysit on a few occasions. And after Tina grew up and left, then Kimi became our babysitter. At some point along the way, she also became my good friend. And she comes over to hang out often, and she fits right in: she gets along with my boys and she is a friend to both me and Josh.

Kimi is not like a lot of teenage girls that I know: she isn't vain and she isn't fake and she doesn't try to impress people. She is real and she knows who she is and doesn't act like anything else but her true self. She is honest and open and funny and smart. She is funky and cool and has her own style (I make fun of her style, but she also makes fun of me for my eccentricities!). I think she's so beautiful: her hair always looks so gorgeous, she has an attractive face, her smile is so cute, and her laugh is absolutely adorable! I love hanging out with her, and I do so as much as I can! I'm so sad that she will be graduating this year, because I will miss my little friend!

Kimi is so giving and is always lending a helping hand, and she does so with a generous spirit and doesn't complain. She has helped me out on so many occasions...she's helped me clean up after Halloween Carnivals, she's sat with me during pumpkin sales, she drove to Spokane with me for my grandma's funeral, she's babysat my kids on lots of occasions when I was in a bind, she helped me put together my yard sale this summer, she participated in some of my ward programs to help me, she's gone on short family trips with us and helped me with the kids in the car. And we've had a lot of fun together doing it all! Kimi has an upbeat, positive attitude, and can make any situation a cheerful one!

I love to go to her house, and sit at her kitchen counter and eat and chat with her, or sit in front her computer with her and look at photos, or lay on her bed with her and watch chick flicks, or drag main street with her in her car and the music up full-blast! I always feel so youthful and alive when I'm around her, and I love the person she brings out in me!

Kimi, you are a fabulous friend and I've enjoyed your company over the years! Thanks for being such a fun companion and for bringing me so much joy! I love you, and I treasure all the good times we've had together!!!

No comments: