Saturday, December 4, 2010

4th Day of Christmas - Stacy

Introducing...my friend STACY
I have such happy memories of time spent with Stacy. She was such an important part of my life during my senior year in high school.

A little background first... At the end of my junior year in high school, I ran for a studentbody office. Unfortunately, I lost. Then I ran for a class office. And I lost that election, too. I was extremely sad. Then I had several good friends graduate. Then my first love went on his mission. Then my best friend of 3 years got a steady boyfriend and ignored me. At the beginning of my senior year, I felt alone and depressed, and I hated school and life. I was desperate for new friends, for new experiences, for positive changes. Thankfully, within a few months, that all happened, and Stacy was a big part of those positive changes.

In addition to taking A.P. English my Senior year, I also took A.P. US History. The A.P. History class was also available for juniors to take. I got to know some juniors because of that class, such as Aaron and Nicola. Nicola was best friends with Stacy, and had been for years. I liked flirting with Aaron in that class, so much so, in fact that I actually got kicked out of that class permanently after about 2 months for talking to him so much when I was supposed to be listening. I'm so embarrassed to even admit that, because I was a good student. Anyhoo...there's a point to all of this. I was a princess in the Madrigal dinner at the end of November that year. At the end of one night's performance, I chose Aaron to be my prince. After the dinner was over, I was hanging around with Aaron and Nicola, and Stacy was there as well. Thanks to Nicola, I met Stacy!

For the remainder of that year, Stacy was instrumental in bringing happiness back to my life. I started eating lunch with Stacy and Nicola every day, and we started a little "Seinfeld" themed table in the cafeteria. We were all characters: I was "George" {of course}, Stacy was "Jerry", Nicola was "Elaine", and KaDawn (another junior from the A.P. History class) played the role of "Kramer". We talked about episodes, we acted like the characters, we enjoyed being silly. Those girls brought me so many smiles and so much joy and truly brightened my senior year.

Stacy and I have remained friends, for which I'm so glad. I've always loved to be around her. Stacy is a sweetheart. She is so kind and thoughtful, caring and compassionate, pleasant and calm. She has an incredible knack for knowing how a person is feeling, and has an amazing ability to empathize and understand what they're going through. She's in touch with her inner spirit, and is truly a comfort to others.

Stacy is married and has four absolutely gorgeous daughters! I admire her mothering abilities, and the way in which she leads and guides and teaches her daughters. I love reading her blog, because her experience of raising children has been so different from mine: she has four daughters and I have four sons!! So instead of having boys who wrestle and argue and destroy the house, she has girls who dance and dress-up and have their hair done-up. Just recently, her and her husband adopted a cute little boy, and the dynamics have changed in their family. And I'm so happy for her!

Stacy is so beautiful! I love her sweet smile and her glowing spirit! She is always striving to be the very best person she can be in all aspects. I admire her greatly; she is such a good example to me.

Dearest Stacy, I just want you to know what a wonderful influence you've had on me in my life. I'm so, SO grateful to the Lord for bringing us together. Thank you for being my friend, and for opening your big heart to let me in! I sure do love you!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Awww...Kala, thanks for that tribute. I am not sure I am any of those things, but I appreciate that someone might think nice things about me. Ha ha. Great memories of those day at old Bear River. I am glad Heavenly Father made our friendship possible too.

Nicola said...

Hey! I thought I was Elaine! Haha, good times.