Tuesday, December 21, 2010

21st Day of Christmas - John

Introducing...my good friend JOHN
John has been my friend since forever. In all actuality, I only met him about 4 1/2 years ago. But from the first time I met him, I felt like I already knew him--that we already knew each other. When John first moved to Salmon, he lived in our church ward boundaries. I remember feeling an instant connection with him, and I started inviting him over to family dinners once a month. Those monthly dinner continued for a couple of years, and then he moved to the other ward and we didn't see him as often. Last year, he moved back into our ward again and we get to see him all the time! John is our family friend, and he's also an integral part of my life. I've felt for a while now that John's purpose in my life is of a truly divine nature. I cannot describe the connection, for it is one that I've never had before, but I feel that our souls speak to each other: we have never not been friends, and we will always be friends.

I greatly respect John and his beliefs and thoughts. He is so smart and intellectual. He is open-minded and has deep thoughts on so many subjects. I really admire him for the person that he is, and I am grateful for the way in which he gets my own mind to open up. We've had some very deep discussions, and I like that he gets me to think--I appreciate having opportunities for my brain to expand and grow, and for my heart to be introduced to new ideas.

John is extremely talented. He is a gifted musician, and he has a passion for music. He can play piano by ear, and he can play on demand! That is such a rare and incredible talent in itself! I love listening to him play whatever I request! He plays multiple instruments beautifully as well. John teaches band and choir and guitar, and since he has moved to Salmon, the music program in the secondary schools has more than doubled. He's a great teacher; his love for music shows, and is reflected by the students. Ammon has him for a band teacher, and it's his favorite class every day--he learns a lot and he loves it!!

John is open-minded and accepting of others. He is friendly and is a good listener. He's easygoing and has a calm demeanor. He's very cordial, and is always saying and doing the appropriate thing around others--a quality that I never seem to perfect! He is super funny, too, and I enjoy his sense of humor! He's silly and sarcastic and witty, and he's always getting me to laugh! I find myself constantly smiling and laughing when I'm around him! He brings me so much happiness!

John is very creative and is also very organized. He has an eye for detail and he's a perfectionist: he believes if there's a job worth doing, it's worth doing right. And his concerts and performances and shows are always done beautifully! His idea for a music department fundraiser was "Salmon Idol", a small-town version of "American Idol". He does the advertising, the backdrops, the audio-visual effects for it, he directs the contestants in a group number, and he also helps each competitor with their individual song. For the past 4 years, it's been a huge success! Each year, it grows and grows and is extremely popular now! He's also been instrumental in directing the school's musicals the last several years, and he helps with the community music programs as well. He gets along with just about anybody, and is well-liked in the school and in the community!

John is an excellent cook, and is always making healthy, delicious dishes. I love eating his food! And he believes in eating the finer things of life, namely chocolate. He buys the good kind, too! And he is so thoughtful, because he shares it with me! I find myself constantly craving chocolate, and my appetite is satisfied at least once weekly because he brings a little bag of it to church for me and my family to partake of!

I like that we have similar taste in music and plays and movies, and we both love GLEE. I enjoy listening to music, singing harmony, and talking about songs with him. And we have fun watching movies and TV together. Lately, four of us have been getting together frequently and having so much fun: Josh and I, John, and Amanda (my friend who I highlighted the other day). I have been having the time of my life with them!

John, I am a better person because of your influence in my life. I'm so grateful for your friendship, and for your patience and understanding with me. Thank you for being such a wonderful example to me, and for always being true to yourself. I'm so glad that you are a part of my life!

No comments: