Friday, December 17, 2010

17th Day of Christmas - Amanda

Introducing...my good friend AMANDA
I just gotta say that I love this girl! She has greatly enhanced my life this past year, and I'm so grateful that she is my friend!

The first time I met Amanda was an accidental meeting. When Josh and I were first married, we went to a car dealership looking for a new car. Amanda was working at the dealership, and Josh ran into her. They knew each other because Amanda grew up in Salmon just like Josh, and her older brother was his friend in school. We were introduced then. And even though I don't remember what car we were looking at, I never forgot her beautiful face.

Fast forward nearly ten years, and Amanda re-entered my life. During the years in between, both of us moved multiple times and experienced different life-lessons and became mothers. She came back to Salmon for the same reason we moved back: to be near family and for a job.

Amanda is an amazing hairdresser. I was so excited when I learned she would be moving back, since my previous hairstylist of 7 years had recently moved away! Amanda is a super talented hairstylist! She has a way with her hands, and an eye for style. She is SO good! I love sitting in her chair as she works wonders on my hair! My hair has become lifeless and dead and thin and fine after my pregnancies, and I don't like it anymore. But every time I step out of the salon after she's cut and styled it, everyone compliments me on how great it looks! It always makes my day! And all the credit is due to Amanda!

Amanda is so beautiful; I just love her face! She is such an awesome person, too. She is so fun to be around! She is hilarious, and I just love her sense of humor! She always makes me laugh! Even if I'm in a sour mood, or depressed, she somehow manages to get me to laugh! She has a great attitude about life; she takes it as it comes and she always presses forward. She is real, she is open, she is honest. She never tries to be any different than who she is. I love that the very most about her!

She is accepting of others, and is very caring. She hasn't had an easy life, but she is constantly trying to lessen the load that others are burdened with. She is kind-hearted and forgiving and freely gives of herself to so many. She is amazing, and I admire her so much. I lucked out big time when she came back to town, because I gained an incredible friend.

Amanda, thank you for your support and love. Thanks for all the time you've spent laughing with me, comforting me through my tears, and working on my hair. You have been a gift in my life this past year, and I'm so grateful for your friendship!

1 comment:

Gina said...

She's a great girl!!! She is so funny and I too just love her.