Friday, December 10, 2010

10th Day of Christmas - Carrie

Introducing...Josh's cousin CARRIE

Remember how I talked about Josh's cousin Heidi earlier this week? Well, Carrie is Heidi's younger sister. I think they look so much alike, don't you?! Carrie is so pretty! I've only met Carrie a handful of times, because she lives across the U.S. She comes out west whenever there's a big family occasion happening. I've been able to spend time with her at weddings, graduations, funerals, and reunions. I really like Carrie, and I wish she'd come out here more!

Carrie is a genuine person. She is so sweet and nice, and she has the great quality of making you feel comfortable in her presence. I love to be around people that have the ability to instantly make you feel at ease, and she always does just that! Carrie cracks me up! She says the funniest things and she does the craziest things, too! She is so hilarious!

She is a hard worker, and she's always been able to help support her family. She is a talented hairdresser, too. Several summers ago when she came out for a reunion, she cut Ammon's hair for me. At that time, he was really afraid of the clippers and he wouldn't let me cut his hair using them. She introduced the clippers to him as "the tickler". She spoke at his level and he felt comfortable in her presence and she was successful at cutting his hair.

Carrie is so great with little kids! She gets along with anybody, but kids warm up to her especially well. She is a great mom to her growing boys! She loves them and serves them, she teaches them and has fun with them. They are so lucky to have her as their mom!

Carrie, thank you for being my friend! Thank you for always being so good to me and my family! I love you and I love your family, and I'm so grateful for all the opportunities I've had to be around you, and I hope there's plenty more of those occasions in the future! You are an awesome person, and I love being in your presence!

No comments: