Monday, December 13, 2021

Independence Day/Weekend

FRIDAY = Salmon River Days parade, grilling, food, games
 


Josh & I grilled dogs & burgers after the parade for the 
Music Dept. fundraiser. It was hot, greasy, busy, and fun!


Kanyon loves when he gets to spend time with cousin Isaac!

We introduced the game Code Names to Josh's family.


SATURDAY = family, fancy meal, redneck Demo Derby

I insisted we had a family photo on Saturday, much to Kathy's
disdain. Jessalyn's husband Skyler took the photo. It turned out
so good for an on-the-spot photo session! 

I love the Bravo TV show "Top Chef". When I
heard that local venue Sweet Water Hollow was
featuring guest chef Carrie Baird from a previous
season of that show, I knew I had to go! I made
reservations Saturday evening for Josh & I. 
The food was interesting, beautiful, & yummy! 


Josh & I got to the Demo Derby late due to the special dinner,
but the 3 boys went early & saved us seats. It was THE 
BUSIEST we have EVER seen the fairgrounds! The Demo
Derby was the best it's been in years, and the crowd was
pretty entertaining as well! 

Cousins Lexi & Maddie were in town with Ryan & Heidi, & they 
found us and sat by us during the Derby which added to the fun!




SUNDAY = church, Leadore parade, friends, rainy fireworks

Josh & I drove down to Leadore by ourselves after church.
We'd never gone to the Leadore parade before. It was awesome!
We loved the small-town feel of it!

Our family went to the Hobbs' house on Sunday
night. We played games, ate, & watched the city
fireworks show from their yard with them. It was
a pretty stormy evening; continual rainstorms kept
blowing through, but they were also beautiful
to watch from the view of their house on the hill. 

No comments: