Sunday, December 30, 2018

We Tree Kings of Ornament are

I don't remember the last time we got a Christmas tree, put it up in the house, strung the lights on it, and decorated it, and had it all done before December even began! But this year, we totally did! #NailedIt!!

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went up to the mountains above Williams Lake in the afternoon. The boys messed around, while Josh and I picked out a tree. It was only the 2nd or 3rd tree we looked at before the decision was made, and Josh started cutting. I think it was our shortest tree hunting excursion to date! We got a thinner tree this year because we decided to put it in the dining room, and the space was pretty narrow. We haven't had a tree in the dining room/kitchen for 9 years--the last time was the Christmas before we moved out of our single wide trailer and into the home we own now.

After we brought the tree home, Josh  cut the base and fit it into the stand, and I carried all the Christmas boxes into the house from the garage, and we got to work! I put the lights on the tree, and the boys helped me decorate it in blues and silvers this year.

I even tried hanging lights on the outside of the house, using a ladder and moving it every few feet to assist me in the process, but after progressing 6 feet (and 3 ladder moves), the entire string came crashing down, and I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. (I don't even know what got into me to even try in the first place! I've never hung lights on the outside of the house before--that's Josh's realm.) Instead, I put strings of lights above the kitchen cabinets and on top of the coat closet in the living room, and I hung tinsel on the string of lights hanging above the living room/tall kitchen countertop. It was very festive, and I loved the look! I felt like it was much more worth my time to hang lights inside that I could enjoy more often, versus hanging them outside where I would rarely see them.

When we first got out to hunt for the perfect tree, Ammon had already begun
the snowball fight, and one had landed on Kanyon's face (can you see the snow
above his glasses as he's laying on the ground?). 

Kanyon threw one back at Ammon, and the chase commenced...

The chase quickly came to an end when Josh dogpiled them both!
Tiki's looking on to see what the term "DOG"piling is supposed to mean ;)

Kanyon's snowball had hit Ammon square in the head.
Serves him right!

That's the one! 

Jonah and Micah, at the top of the hill, with snowballs waiting in their hands.

Kanyon and Ammon, at the bottom of the hill, waiting to see where the twins' throws go.

Tiki wanted to be in the photo, but I could never capture her looking the right direction!







I loved turning off the kitchen and living room lights, and seeing the 
twinkling, glowing lights at night. They made me so happy!

This was my smaller, 3-foot tree that
I took to my apartment in Mud Lake.
It was much easier and less time-consuming
to decorate, and I've enjoyed it so much that
I still haven't taken it down (even though
as I'm writing this it's the end of January!). 

No comments: