Sunday, December 30, 2018

Josh's Birthday & Dad's Weekend

Josh's birthday was on November 7. He is now 42!!

42 Reasons why I love him (in no particular order): 1. He's sexy, 2. He holds my hand, 3. He supports me, 4. He makes great steak and mashed potatoes, 5. He has a great sense of humor, 6. He's a wonderful listener, 7. He has good taste in music, 8. He cuddles with me in bed, 9. He washes my underwear, 10. He fixes our cars, 11. He's responsible with his finances, 12. He's a hard worker, 13. He makes me smile when I'm getting too serious or uptight, 14. He's a fantastic dancer, 15. His breathing is music to my ears, 16. He stays up-to-date on current affairs (he's basically my news source), 17. He takes me on dates, 18. His dimpley smile, 19. He takes the boys on male excursions (such as hiking or motorbike riding), 20. He sits by me in church, 21. He enjoys reading, 22. He's a good driver, 23. He lets me use his credit card, 24. He's an excellent gift giver, 25. He's got good fashion sense and often helps me pick out outfits and accessories, 26. He likes shopping and finds good deals, 27. He plays games with me and is very competitive (that can be both good and bad!), 28. He takes me on motorbike rides, 29. He's an excellent speller, 30. He's got a fantastic memory, 31. He's family-oriented, 32. He's easy-going, 33. He goes on adventures with me and tries new things, 34. He supports the local sports teams, 35. He serves others often, 36. He helps me with outdoor projects, 37. He has a relationship with each of our sons, 38. He fulfills his church obligations, 39. He rubs my back, 40. He's forgiving, 41. His sexy voice, and 42. He's a nice guy. 


I didn't see him on his actual birthdate this year as it was mid-week, but I made him a pumpkin cheesecake the weekend before his birthday, and took him on a birthday trip the day after. He drove down to Mud Lake on the 8th, and we went to Idaho Falls to have dinner at the Bee's Knees Restaurant, and then we spent the night in a suite room at the Holiday Inn Express. It was a nice room! It had a jacuzzi en-suite, and an extra room for watching TV. It was easy to relax in! The next morning, we had breakfast and then got couple's massages at the Institute of Massage Therapy. It's been a year since we got that done, and they felt so nice! We drove back to Mud Lake, and then Josh went northward to visit Ammon in Moscow for Father's Weekend, and I worked a half-day in the afternoon on Friday before going home to Salmon. 

I liked that the jacuzzi was open to the room! We soaked in it for a while.
 


Josh had a long car ride on Friday--it was about a 9 hour drive, plus there were several snowstorms that he drove through which slowed him down. He got there late that night. Ammon was working in the football sports booth for his work study job, so Josh watched part of the 1A high school semi championship game while waiting for Ammon to get done with work. There weren't any hotel rooms available in the town of Moscow for under $300 (it was busy with high school football games, a home college game, and the college father's weekend), so Josh spent the night at a little inn across the border in Washington. The next morning, Josh and Ammon went out to brunch, then hung out at the tailgating party for a bit. Josh met Ammon's girlfriend Gabby and her parents, too. Later that afternoon, they went to the college football game (where Ammon had to work in the booth again). After the game, Josh went to his first frat party with Ammon and had a blast. At one point, he was wrestling with Ammon and probably broke another rib (Josh broke a rib a few years ago at a backyard bbq party playing football with the kids). He started getting sick on Saturday night after he got back to his hotel room, and on Sunday morning he felt terrible. He had the flu, and combined with the pain from his aching rib, he felt sick all the way home. Thankfully, the roads were better and he made it safe. He'd had a fun couple of days, but he was ready to be at home in his own bed again!

A view on Josh's drive on Saturday morning between Washington and Moscow. 



No comments: