Thursday, December 27, 2018

September 2018 Randoms

Labor Day weekend
It was beautiful weather, and we had a weekend packed with fun, friends, and food! On Saturday, we drove up to Freeman Peak with the twins to ride/hike. When we got back to town, we went out to dinner and dessert with John, Amanda, and Ryan. On Sunday afternoon, we took the boys golfing and then invited the Williams family over that night for smores at the firepit. On Monday, Josh and I went jeeping and exploring up Geertson Creek. Abby came over to play with Kanyon for the day, and I made my first roast with potatoes in the crock pot for dinner that night. 
Jeeping up to Freeman Peak




The boys enjoyed our relaxing Sunday afternoons on the golf course!
They were definitely improving their game, too!




Jeeping up Geertson Creek

Home grown potatoes and corn on the cob, and venison roast that we harvested, too!

These buddies play so well together!


XC Meet Mishaps
Jonah and Micah both got injured on their eyes at the Tiger Grizz XC meet, which was totally coincidental, but I thought it was hilarious that they both got hurt on the same day, in the same area of their bodies, yet in totally different incidents. Jonah hit a tree branch as he was rounding a corner during the JV race. The branch hit his glasses, which flew off, and also scratched him under his right eye. He stooped to pick up his glasses, and kept running, although the scratch burned under his eye from the sweat dripping in to it. Micah got stung by a bee while he was running in the varsity race. When the bee came up under his glasses, he swatted at the bee, but hit his glasses in the process and they flew off. He quickly bent over to pick them up, and kept running, although in the process he got stung under his left eye, and his eye started to swell.  After I'd heard about both of their injuries, I started laughing because I couldn't believe the similarities! It was funny to me that identical twins both had their glasses come off on the same day during their races!!



WJ Homecoming
On the "twins" dress up day, I wore a picture on my lanyard of my twins when they were younger. Kanyon and his best bud Jackson dressed up identically in their XC camp shirts. I took my elementary students to tour the high school halls that they decorate elaborately for Homecoming week. The theme this year was "Games", and I was super impressed with the decorations. Students in Salmon decorate Main Street business windows and floats they ride on in the homecoming parade, but WJ doesn't have enough stores on Main Street to decorate the windows, nor do they have a parade, so they tend to go all out on decorating their class halls!




Clouds  
Josh and I both unknowingly took pictures of the evening sky just a day apart from each other in the middle of September. Kanyon wanted to show me one of his practice runs down "Apple Lane", so we drove around until we found the lane with a ton of huge crab apple trees (we hardly ever just 'drive around' when we're at Terreton, so it took a while to find it). When we stopped, I saw a face in the sky. By the time my phone's camera turned on, the clouds had slightly moved, but I still took the pic. One night, Josh was at the golf course working and the colorful sunset was reflecting in the ditch water, which then made the water look pink. It's a breathtaking shot, and I'm glad he captured it! The last one is a strange cloud formation I saw while parked at one of the bridge construction temporary stoplights on Highway 28. There were 5 stoplights all spring/summer/fall and I hated having to stop so much in that stretch! It made the long drive seem even longer, so any time there was anything different to see (like wild animals or cloud formations) while I was stopped, it was a welcome change!
Above and to the left of the power pole is a
flat cloud that looked like a mouth and there
were two tiny circle clouds above it that looked
like eyes. You can only see one of the eyes
below the larger set of clouds, as the other
eye was beginning to dissolve when I took this.

I love this picture that Josh captured on hole 8 at the golf course!

It looked like a funnel filling up the bowl in between the distant mountain peaks.


Girl Time!
After the boys' races at the Bob Firman XC meet in Eagle, I left and drove myself over to Baker City, Oregon, while Josh drove the kids home on the bus with him to Salmon. My friend Amy had moved there the previous year, and I hadn't seen her since. We went out to dinner that night, and caught up over some gourmet pizza. We then went back to her house, dressed in our PJ's, and watched a movie on TV before bed. It was so fun to spend time with her again! I got up early the next morning, and had breakfast with her and Todd before he left for his high council assignment. Her family had afternoon church, and I had to leave before then, so I couldn't go to church with them, but the bishopric in Salmon was getting re-done that morning, so I waited until after Josh texted me with all the information about it before leaving, because she was dying to know, too! I drove back to Mud Lake and went out to dinner in Idaho Falls that evening with my friend Tanis. Her mom had recently died, and I hadn't had a chance to talk to her since it happened. We laughed and cried, and it was a very memorable night. The next day, I had a teacher workday in Mud Lake for teacher inservice. As soon as it was over, I drove to Ogden to go visit Amanda and Ryan. I got there later than planned--just in time to get Ryan from work. Amanda made us dinner, and then she and I went on a fun car ride "dragging main" in Ryan's sweet Mazda Miata. When I was a teenager, I used to wish for a Mazda Miata when I was older, so it was a joy to ride in! She put down the top, and we had the wind whip in our hair. I felt so young! That night, I slept in their bed with them while we watched a movie. She's like a sister to me, so it's not strange at all! The next morning, she colored my hair at the salon that she works part-time at the Associated Foods outlet. We went out to lunch together before I left and drove back home to Salmon. Spending time with some of my best friends was a great way to kick off my two-week spud harvest break!!


Josh sent me this photo of their Sunday dinner. I definitely 
 missed him and being home, especially as this photo arrived
 midway on my 5-hour lonely drive between Baker City and Terreton. 

Tanis ordered this beautiful mixed drink called 
"Taste the Rainbow". She said it tasted just like
fruity pebbles! I liked the colored tiers!



I tried to get a picture of us, but my camera is crap in bad-lighting situations.
 
I love these two people so much!!

No comments: