Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 Goals Review

I set up page on my blog to keep track of my goals, and that has helped me so much this year! I've updated it monthly, and it's reminded me of what I'm supposed to be working on all year, and because of that, I feel like I was pretty successful in accomplishing what I set out to do this past year!

1. PERSONAL: Do at least 10 blog posts a month 
Although there were two months that I only got 9 posts done, I blogged extra in other months to make up for it, so I'm counting this as a success. I know that if I hadn't made this a goal, I wouldn't have kept up on my blog, because doing college class work has become a priority in my spare time, but since it was a goal, I always made sure to try to get my blogging done, too.
In December, I ordered printed blog books for
2012 and the first half of 2013's blog posts.
       January: 11
       February: 10
       March: 10
       April: 9
       May: 10
       June: 20
       July: 12
       August: 12
       September: 10
       October: 10
       November: 9
       December: 11

2. SPIRITUAL: Go to the temple 6 times
In the years that I haven't made this a goal, I've discovered that I don't find the time to attend the temple because it isn't a priority! I'm glad to say I was successful in accomplishing this goal this year, and I enjoyed attending different temples throughout the year!
       March: went once to Idaho Falls temple for Amanda's first time through

       May: went twice--once to Idaho Falls for cousin Kimberlee's wedding and once to Jordan River with Amanda and her sister-in-law Erica
     
June: went once to Logan temple for my sister Katrina's wedding.

       November: went once to Ogdan temple with Josh

       December: went once to the Rexburg temple alone

3. EDUCATIONAL: Complete 25 university credits
I only completed 24--but I'm still counting this as a success because I also completed my university orientation class which was a requirement for my university, but it wasn't worth any credits.
       April: completed 6 credits (3 in Critical Thinking, 3 in Math Appreciation)
       June: completed 6 credits (3 in U.S. Government/Constitution, 3 in Math for Elementary Educators I)
       July: completed 3 credits (Math for Elementary Educators II)
       September: completed 3 credits (Culture & Diversity)
       October: completed 3 credits (Math for Elementary Educators III)
       November: completed 3 credits (Foundational Perspectives in Education)

4. MARRIAGE: Go on a date with Josh once a month
I loved this goal because I love spending time with my favorite person in the world! We have some awesome friends in Salmon that we doubled with quite often, which makes it more worthwhile to go out, too!
       January: ate dinner at Costa Vida then saw P!NK in concert!
        February: went out 7 times!!! We went to karaoke/dancing with Amanda & John twice, ate dinner at Fuddrucker's in Boise then saw Imagine Dragons in concert, went to the hot springs twice, went to the relief society Valentine's dinner, and ate & danced at the HS band's fundraiser "Swing Night".
       March: went 3x: to the movie theater twice with Amanda & John, went to dinner at Junkyard Bistro once with Amanda & John & Krissy and went to the hot springs afterwards.
       April: went Easter shopping in Brigham City and ate afterwards at Sonic.
       May: went 3x: once to dinner at Hwy 28 with just Josh and I for Mother's Day, once to dinner at Hwy 28 (again!) & karaoke afterwards for John's birthday with Amanda & Krissy, and once to appetizers at Bertram's and dancing/karaoke after with John & Amanda.
       June: went 3x: went to Sharkey Hot Springs and ate ice cream with Krissy & Amanda, went to see the movie "Million ways to die in the west" and ate at Winger's with my high school friend Darcy and her husband David, and went to a dancing birthday party with Josh & Amanda and then John joined us afterwards for karaoke.
       July: Went out with Josh, Amanda and John. We watched "22 Jump Street" in the theater, went to dinner at Bertram's after the movie, and went to karaoke & dancing after dinner
       August: Went out 4x: once with Amanda & John to eat at Josephine's Pizza in North Fork, once with Amanda & John to Broken Arrow Restaurant in Gibbonsville & then karaoke afterwards, once with Amanda & Krissy to watch the movie "Let's Be Cops" at the theater, and once with Amanda & Krissy to dinner at Bertram's then the hot springs afterward with John.
       September: ate dinner at Costa Vida together then watched Katy Perry in concert in SLC!
       October: ate dinner at Josephine's Pizza, danced at the Gibbonsville Hunter's Ball, then came home and watched an episode of "Parenthood" on TV while laying in bed.
       November: Went out 5x: ate lunch at Josephine's Pizza and shopped at the High Country Trail where we purchased some photo prints from Joey, ate dinner at Hwy 28 Club with John, Brad, and Amanda and went to karaoke and dancing afterwards, watched the movie "Meet the Mormons" at the movie theater together and shared a popcorn, went out for dinner and then dessert with Josh, John, Amanda, and Krissy, and went Black Friday shopping in Ogden, had lunch at Costa Vida, went car shopping, and went to the temple in Ogden.
       December: Went out 4x: Ate at the Ranch Restaurant with friends at Amanda's Salon Christmas Party, went dancing & sang karaoke with John & Amanda (after I'd seen the high school play with them), went to the hot springs with John and Amanda and ate cheesy breadsticks on the way, and had dinner at Last Chance with Krissy and John.

5. PHYSICAL: Exercise every week
I consider this one a success! I was really getting into shape and enjoying the benefits from exercise! From July to November, I took it even further and exercised almost every single day!
       January: attended yoga classes every week
       February: attended yoga classes 3 weeks and went skiing one week  
       March: attended yoga class 1 week, rode bike during 2 weeks, and went walking/hiking in Arches National Park with the family 1 week
       April: attended yoga class 3 weeks, walked in Seattle 1 week
       May: walked for 2 weeks at 4th grade field trips, walked 1 week with Josh, planted & worked in garden 1 week
       June: went to water aerobics 1 week, ran around soccer field 1 week, hiked at Craters of the Moon one week, (and I missed a week of exercise)
       July: walked 1 mile one week, walked on treadmill 3 weeks
       August: walked on the treadmill almost every single day, walked/hiked at Yellowstone one week, and went to water aerobics 3 times
       September: walked on the treadmill almost every single day, rode bikes with the boys several times, and went to water aerobics twice
       October: walked on the treadmill almost every single day, took a bike ride around the 4 mile loop by our house once, and lifted & moved pumpkins on the weekends.
       November: walked on the treadmill
       December: walked on the treadmill, hiked up the mountain to get Christmas trees, went sledding, and went skiing.

6. FINANCIAL: Pay off my credit card
I've come a long way in my finances this year, and I'm so glad I can say that I accomplished this goal!
       March: I paid off my hospital bill from last year!  
       May: I paid off my Lane Bryant card AND my regular Credit Card this month. What a good feeling to go into summer (when there's no income for me from the school) without any debt! Yay!
       November: Paid off my Line of Credit bill after charging on it during the summer months when I had no income.

7. SOCIAL: Do a random act of kindness every month
I'm so glad I made this a goal! I kept reminding myself to look for opportunities to serve and I enjoyed providing service for others throughout the year!
       January: helped stack wood at the Beers' home
       February: gave a man a ride home one night after I saw him walking and carrying paint cans
       March: made and delivered cookies to a neighbor, volunteered to take several family photos of strangers while at Arches National Park
       April: made cookies for a woman in the ward who was having a birthday, gave money and food to students on the high school band/choir Seattle tour
       May: bought flowers for a woman who played guitar at one of my school musical programs
       June: helped serve Kid's Free Lunch 3x with the LASP program and babysit friends' babies while we were at the swimming pool
       July: volunteered at the finish line of an ultra marathon setting it up for hours, and assisted at the Stake Pioneer Day Activity with the primary games.
       August: volunteered as a guest reader at the Library Summer Reading Program twice, and drove a friend's kids from Salmon to Boise to be with her.
       September: donated clothes to the clothing fair and spent time putting clothes on tables there too, donated a computer monitor to the elementary school.
       October: volunteered at the elementary's Halloween Carnival
       November: delivered some fudge to Cajsa's home, gave flowers to a woman who did a nice gesture for me.
       December: made and delivered goodies to neighbors and friends, participated in the "Christmas is Sharing" program by purchasing 3 needed gifts for strangers.

No comments: