Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013 on FB

Jan 1: The Tolman family won the Salmon radio's 60's songs montage contest again on New Years Eve! It was a great night with Josh's family.

Jan. 6: I was wearing a long beaded necklace, and it suddenly broke and beads went everywhere. Kanyon said he knew why: "Because your neck is getting so old, mom".

Jan. 9: Have you ever been told that what you do doesn't matter? Well...it hurts. It hurts something fierce. So much so, in fact, that my desire to go to work has left me.

Jan. 11: My oldest son is opening a facebook account today, now that he's officially come of age! Happy 13th birthday, Ammon! I can't believe I am now a mother of a teenager!!!!

Jan. 13: Tried a new recipe today for Ammon's birthday dessert: chocolate chip cheesecake squares. It was fairly easy and the boys liked it: spread chocolate chip cookie dough in a pan, cover with cheesecake filling, add another layer of chocolate chip cookie dough on top, then bake it and cool it and eat it, yum yum.

Jan. 14: to the anonymous person who sent me flowers today, thank you. the lilies are gorgeous and smell terrific and they definitely put a smile on my face!

Jan. 19: I can't stop singing the songs I've been teaching my students lately...I sing them in my head morning and night. For the 4th graders, it's Schoolhouse Rock's "Lolly, Lolly, Lolly". For the 3rd graders, it's Disney's "You got a friend in me". For the 2nd graders, it's Dr. Seuss's "It's Possible".

Jan. 22: So during the second half of Ammon's basketball game tonight, on impulse, I started singing super loud (and of course it suddenly got quiet in the crowd) "This team is on FIRE!" --to the tune of "this girl is on fire". After the game, Ammon texted me "Mom, was that you singing so loud in the middle of my game?". Uh...yeah, guilty.

Jan. 25: I look forward to Friday mornings each week, so that I can finally sleep in. And every Friday morning, the kids are up early and yelling & fighting with each other and it ruins my morning plans.

Jan. 25: I'm so happy to say that today ended better than it started: Jonah won the pinewood derby tonight, Micah had a fast car, too, as well as good sportsmanship, and Ammon was a starter at his basketball game, he played well, and their team won again!

Jan. 28: 4 new inches of packing snow, sunshine, and a Sunday afternoon were the perfect elements to go sledding, tubing, and building a snow cave with the boys today! And I loved every minute of it!

Jan. 29: I got a drastic hair cut from my norm, it's now short and spikey instead of a straight A-line. I've been asked by TWO kids at school this week "You're having a bad hair day", and told by THREE other students "Your hair is messy". Thankfully, I work with many women teachers who've complimented it multiple times, or I'd start getting a complex!

No comments: