Wednesday, September 22, 2010

PFR Day 2

The Perkins Family Reunion was August 20 & 21.On Day 2, all of us (well, the same 18 of us from the first day) went to Bear Lake.

The boys and I have been to Bear Lake before. I took them with my brother Mick's family 2 years ago, in August 2008. But this was the first time Josh had been there, even though he's lived in Idaho his whole life (I make him 'get out of town'--even though he says he doesn't like to, but really he does).
The beach was so busy when we arrived at lunch-time. I was having flashbacks of the previous day's chaos and crowds at Lagoon, and I just knew it was going to be a replay of that all over again. When we all parked our cars (in between packs of other cars), and started unloading the stuff, I sat in my van taking deep breaths, telling myself I could handle the crowds of people again. (I have become a non-people person lately. Josh makes me 'deal with life'--even though I don't want to, but I'm glad after I do).
I finally got out of the car, and after about an hour of sitting on the beach, I started relaxing and truly enjoying my surroundings. And I remembered just how much I LOVE Bear Lake!
I love the wind in the afternoons and the flat sandy ground that make kite-flying perfectly easy and perfectly enjoyable!
I love the miles and miles of sandy beaches that are perfect for digging, scooping, building, and sculpting!

I love the cool, shallow water that feels so good to splash in against the sun's ultra-warm rays!

I love the afternoon waves that create tides for the innertubes which feel like mini roller coaster rides (especially since we didn't get to ride the Lagoon Roller Coaster the day before)!
I love the peaceful environment that Bear Lake produces, as it gives my boys plenty of wonderful opportunities and positive memories of playing with their cousins.

And above all, I especially loved wading in the beautiful blue water up to my chest, feeling the world's cares float away (thank you Jen for the leisurely stroll--er, I mean swim)!


We had a great time at Bear Lake!! We enjoyed visiting with my siblings, soaking in the lake's splendor, and basking in the sun's warmth (ahem...some of us a little too much).

The day turned out nice, fun, and relaxing (as demonstrated here by Josh!).

No comments: