Thursday, September 2, 2010

Colors of the Rainbow

When I was a little girl, my mom would let me pick what I wanted on my birthday cake each year. I would create drawings on paper, and my mom would replicate the design onto my birthday cake. I loved it! I felt so special seeing my birthday cake designed by me and made especially for me by my mom! There were several years that my birthday cake had a picture of a rainbow and flying birds and grass and flowers and trees. I'm a terrible artist, but I loved the beauty of the rainbow (and the flying stick-birds, grass, flowers, and trees were easy to draw). I still love rainbows. And I still love grass and flowers and trees. And I still can't draw. But I can (and often do) capture the colorful creations of this world through the camera lens. And I love doing that!















2 comments:

My Weightloss Journey said...

wow Great Pics :)

Sunshine Designed said...

BEAUTIFUL! Those look like my apple blossoms, lilac and Iris. Imagine that?