Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh Beautiful for Spacious Space

Out with the Old, In with the New: Part 14

On Tuesday, June 8, the county building inspector came and looked over the house. There was three minor things that needed to be fixed, but he gave us a temporary occupancy permit until we had those items fixed. That night, after dinner and scheduled meetings and soccer games, we started moving in. We moved in just the beds and the washer and dryer that first day. It was awesome sleeping in our new house rather than the camping trailer that we'd been cooped up in for the previous 3 weeks! And I got to work right away washing dirty laundry that had been ignored for 3 weeks.

Last fall, we traded in our smaller camping trailer for a larger one. At the time, we had no idea we'd be living in it within 6 months of purchasing it. And still, even with having a larger trailer, I was thankful that we only had to spend 3 weeks living in it! During those 3 weeks, I had 2 severe anxiety attacks, I started having claustrophobia, and I spent a lot of time bawling. It rained so much during those 3 weeks, and Kanyon peed his bed and had potty accidents every day while we lived in the trailer. We didn't have laundry facilities, so I either took the wet/dirty/stinky laundry to my mother-in-law's, different friend's houses, or the laundromat. It was a pain! We also didn't have a shower, because it broke after the first day we were living in it. Every morning, I'd walk to the pavilion in my in-laws' backyard to take a shower. It wasn't a far walk, but I was always self-conscious because the pavilion is visible from the road, and I walked to it in my bathrobe carrying my clothes. Because we didn't know how long we would be living in the trailer, we used the toilet in the pavilion as well. We didn't have the capability to dump the RV sewer where we were parked, so we only used it in the trailer if it was an emergency. It was inconvenient and challenging and difficult to be without a washing machine, a flushing toilet, a shower, satellite TV, internet for most of the time, and phone for half the time during those 3 very LONG weeks.

(trailer is on the right, pavilion is on the left, separated by the ditch & bridge)

After living temporarily in a 200 sq. ft. trailer, the 2000 sq. ft. home felt like a mansion! I enjoyed having space again. Space to move around. Space to breathe. Space to just be. I loved being in the new space, and feel the spaciousness of it!!!

Living Room (Dining Room visible on the left)
Kitchen
Utility Room
Family Room
Master Bedroom
Master Bathroom (left half)
Master Bathroom (right half)

Ammon's Bedroom

Jonah & Micah's Bedroom

Kanyon's Bedroom

Boys' Bathroom
Of course, the only thing left to do with all that space was to fill it up!

...to be continued (p.s. only one more installment in this series is left!!!)

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

It's so big! My house is only 945 square feet so I'm super jealous of your space space space!

Tiffany said...

Oh it is HUGE!!! It is beautiful, I am so excited for you guys! What a lovely home!