Friday, October 14, 2022

Ladies' Weekend

 I had a fun overnight getaway in April with my friends Amanda and Jen. Jen and I drove down to Ogden, picked up Amanda, and continued on to Salt Lake. We each paid for one part of the trip: Jen reserved the Air BnB house that we stayed in, Amanda paid for dinner at The Melting Pot, and I got our tickets for the play School of Rock at the Hale Centre Theatre. 


The house that Jen reserved was incredibly beautiful! We each had our own bedroom, and we felt so pampered! The whole house was decorated so colorful and modern, and we enjoyed our night at this place! 
My bedroom. The bed ended up being too soft
for my back, so I joined Amanda in her king bed
midway through the night!



I loved these frames of paint chips in the hallway!
What an easy, classy way to add color to the home!



We went to dinner the first night at The Melting Pot. I'd never been there before--it's a fancy restaurant with a 3-course dinner of fondue. I'd heard a lot about it, and I was excited at the prospect of trying a new restaurant. However, the instant I walked in the doors, the smell made me sick--it's hard to explain the smell: it was like cooking fish and raw chicken and bloody red meat combined. It was strong and overpowering and I felt nauseous and my eyes watered. I felt terrible because it seemed like I was the only one in the place who felt that way. After we got seated, I stuffed my nostrils with bits of the napkin, and it was slightly better. 

Our 3-course meal consisted of bread and vegetables in a melted cheese sauce as the first course, meats and vegetables with a variety of dipping sauces as the main course, and fruit and desserts in melted chocolate as the dessert course. It was a very interesting meal; I've never done fondue in my life! I loved the appetizer round and the dessert round, but the entree course took forever for all 3 of us to cook our different meats and vegetables on the pan, so I wasn't a huge fan of it. However, we had a fun evening together, and we had fun with our pleasant waiter, too. 




The next morning, we tried to find a good place to eat breakfast, but we struggled due to a marathon that apparently was routed through the streets of SLC, and so many roads were blocked off and the traffic patterns were bad, which made us struggle to reach the breakfast places we wanted to go to, and even when we did arrive, the lines were too long and we didn't have enough time to wait. We scrapped our plans and went to a McDonald's instead, and then headed to Trader Joe's to do some grocery shopping. 

Afterwards, we went to a matinee performance of School of Rock. It was a fun play, and I loved seeing all the talented children as they performed: singing, playing instruments, and acting. It was so cool! I love watching plays at the Hale's Theatre in the round, and it was wonderful to watch the show with two of my dearest friends, and knowing they enjoyed the show just as much as I did!






After the play, our fantastic ladies weekend sadly ended and we headed home. I so much enjoyed my time with my friends! I hope we make this an annual tradition!

No comments: