Saturday, October 15, 2022

April 2022 Randoms

 FRIENDS:
We got to go out with our friends several times in April, which was so fun! At the beginning of the month, we went out to dinner at The Ranch on a Wednesday night (their Prime Rib night) with Amanda & Ryan, Amanda's brother Lance (who was visiting that week, too), and Jen & Dallin. We had a great time together!



The following week, we went out to dinner with Cheyenne & Jordan Hansen at the Junkyard Bistro. We had a great chat together over dinner (it was our first time going out with them). I just LOVE the menu at the Junkyard. I ordered the creme brulee for dessert that night: I LOVE that stuff! Cheyenne took a baking class in college, and when she found out I love it so much, she brought some homemade brulee to our house the next weekend for our whole family! It was amazing!


I went out with my Dominoes group to an Escape Room in Idaho Falls. We did the fortune teller room, and made it out with 5 minutes to spare! I loved sharing the experience with them! We did a little bit of shopping in Old Town, and then we drove across town for dinner. I introduced them to CupBop, and they all liked it, too. I had such a fun night out with them!



SCHOOL ACTIVITIES:
Kanyon completed this awesome "food truck" and correlating menu based off a book he read for an English Class Challenge in Mrs. Braswell's class. 

Prom was at the end of April. Neither boy was interested in going, but suddenly the week before prom, they both had dates and plans to go! It was SO last minute! Jonah went with Carson Mildon's cousin Aubrey Freidenberger (who lives out of town) in Carson's group. Micah also took a girl from out of town: Megan Gregory from Challis. Micah joined the group with his other friends from our ward: Erik, Boaz, and Nathan. They both had a good time, and I'm glad they both went their senior year!






For their date activity, Micah's group
played frisbee golf at the Old Dump Hill.







WILD WEATHER:
We had a few snowy days in April, which felt out of place mixed in with the spring sunshine.
Large flakes falling on April 10.

April 11

April 14

More of April 14

The melted snow created flooding on April 15.


BALLET:
Jonah and Micah went with me to watch the ballet "Alice in Wonderland" put on by Nida Bird's students. I like to watch her productions, but it's the first time any of my own children have joined me! I was so happy! Their friends Tyler, Toby and Garret were in the show, as well as Madi and Janessa, and they wanted to support their friends. It was a delightful performance! 


No comments: