Sunday, August 16, 2020

June 2020 - Week 3

SUNDAY - Apparently the strong winds that blew across the lake when the boys were on it the day before also blew across Salmon, because as we drove home from camping, we saw evidence of the windstorm everywhere. After we cleaned out the trailer and parked it, I went with Josh to town to start cleaning up some of the downed branches on the golf course. We picked up a few loads' worth in his Gator, and he dumped them in the massive burn pile, and left the rest for him and his crew to work on the following day. The Hobbs family came over for the first time in 4 months! We played card games, and the boys played Frisbee Golf, and then we got David & Gina to play Cornhole with Josh and I. Josh and I barely won--thanks to Josh!  


MONDAY - Josh and his employees picked up branches for most of the morning from Saturday afternoon's storm.




TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY - It was overcast and started raining on Tuesday, and then continued all night on Tuesday and all day Wednesday. Unfortunately, this caused some major flooding on the golf course. 




THURSDAY - Josh hosted the Super/Pro tournament for the ISGCA, which had never been held in Salmon before. He had been stressed for weeks leading up to it; he wanted the golf course in prime shape, but the weather this year made that hard: snow was on the course later than it had ever been in Josh's career which resulted in slow-growing greens, and then the recent windstorms and heavy rains wreaked havoc on the course. It wasn't in the shape that he wanted it to be in, but it was out of his control, and he did the best he could under the circumstances. He played on a team with Eric, the current Pro, and was in a group with Uncle John, which was fun for him.


I left late that morning to go to Idaho Falls for Shelby & Stetson's wedding. I work with Shelby, and Stetson is from Salmon (his dad drives bus with Josh). I stopped in Mud Lake on the way and asked my friend Angie if she wanted to come to the wedding with me, since Josh no longer could due to the Super/Pro Tournament. Thankfully, she was able to. We went shopping and then went to the wedding together. It was at a place called "The Barn" in Ammon. It was decorated beautifully, Shelby looked gorgeous, and Stetson was a handsome groom! He even teared up during the ceremony, which was my favorite part. After we took photos with the wedding group, Angie and I left to go have dinner with our friend Marie Hansen at the Hibachi Grill. We both know Marie independently, but we've never all 3 been together before, so that was really fun! Marie & Angie know each other from when Angie lived in the Marsh Valley, and I know Marie from when she used to live in Salmon, and now I know Angie because we both currently work in West Jefferson! We had such an enjoyable dinner together! The food was delicious, and the company was fantastic. We had a lot to catch up on. It was so good to see Marie--I haven't seen her for 2 years. The whole meeting was very unexpected and sudden--Angie and I  Marco Polo'd Marie when we were leaving Mud Lake to say hello because we were both together, and then Marie said she wanted to see us, and then we made dinner plans! I loved how it all worked out! Afterwards, Angie and I stopped by Shelby's reception, and then we did some more shopping before heading back home. I dropped her off at her house in Mud Lake on my way back to Salmon. I'm so glad she was able to come with me! It was a much more enjoyable day with her company! 





FRIDAY - The weather was beautiful, and I was happy to be outside, so while Kanyon mowed the lawn, I weeded the garden, trimmed some trees, and scraped the peeling paint from the deck (a project I started earlier in the spring, then stopped, and just picked up again on Tuesday before the rain started).  

This was the first time that Kanyon mowed this new section.
I'm loving the way this new area looks! I especially love
a freshly-mowed grass, so it's double-pleasing to my eyes!


SATURDAY - I scrubbed our shower in the morning as a Father's Day gift for Josh. It's a job usually Josh does, and a job I absolutely hate. This was only the 2nd time I've done it in the 10 years we've lived in this home! That's a true gift from the heart right there!

I scraped the deck and stairs in the afternoon. Josh was nice and came to help me sand the railings. We borrowed sanders from Phil Jackson, and he was showing me how to use the electric tool, and then he did the railings for me! I was grateful for his help--this deck peeling/sanding project was tedious and I pretty much hated every minute of it!


On Saturday evening, Josh and I went to the 28 Club for dinner for Father's Day. He'd been craving prime rib for months. We'd made reservations at the 28 Club for the previous night, but it had been disastrous: when we showed up, the place was packed, and we had to wait a half hour to be seated, then another half hour before they took our order. When they came to take our order, they informed us that the last 2 pieces of prime rib were just barely taken, and they were now out. That was the ONLY reason we'd gone there, so we left, and made plans to go again the next night. Thankfully, it was a MUCH better experience on Saturday: we were seated immediately, they still had prime rib, it wasn't very crowded, and we were fed and gone in an hour, versus Friday night when they were barely taking our order after an hour of waiting! 

The twins invited a bunch of friends over for a Summer Solstice party on Saturday night. Only 4 boys were able to come, though: Anthony, Preston, Tyler, & Erik. They played cornhole, frisbee golf, badminton, and on the giant stride (Jonah & Anthony even jumped into the canal from it!). They roasted s'mores & starbursts over the fire and snacked on chips & salsa inside for a bit, and then played football & 500 in Grandma's yard, too. It was nice having kids out here, and I liked seeing the twins hanging out with their friends. They have such a nice group of friends for which Josh & I are so grateful! I'm glad the weather worked out for their party; it rained this evening, but thankfully stopped before the party began. 

No comments: