Friday, November 8, 2019

July Ladies Trip

My dominoes ladies group decided in the spring that we would go on a weekend trip to celebrate both Val's retirement in June and my 40th birthday in August. We went mid-way between both of those events, and went one weekend in July to Jackson Hole. I'd never been there, and was so excited! 

We stayed one night in a hotel together, and we went to see the play "Big River" at the Playhouse there. It is one of my favorites (but none of the rest of the girls had seen it)! We also ate dinner at the playhouse before the show, and some of the actors were the waiters/waitresses and they performed songs for us as we ate, so that was fun! The play was excellent, and we all really enjoyed it!

We also walked around town a bit, both on Saturday night, and on Sunday morning. We went to the famous Million Dollar Bar twice--once before the play when it was totally dead, and once after the play when it was extremely crowded and there was a live band performing, and we shared a table with a single guy (because it was the only thing available), and he was SUPER nice and we liked spending time with him all night (unfortunately I can't remember his name now, but he was a private pilot from back east)! We were there until the bar closed down at 1am, and then we walked to a gas station to get some snack food, and he walked with us until we passed his hotel, and then he left us for a bit, got his car, and then came back and offered us a ride since it was raining outside, but we turned him down, because we were only a block away from our hotel at that point. 

I had SO much fun spending time with these ladies! I love them all, and I love our little group! We have such a good time together, and get along so well!
Val drove Tanis' suburban on the way there. L-R: Kala, Angie, Tanis, Rosalba, Lidia, Val










I liked the cups at the restaurant! I had some kind of lemonade...



That $50 bill is from the gentleman who we shared a table with, and he offered
to pay for a round of drinks for us to celebrate my birthday and Val's retirement!

No comments: