Monday, November 19, 2018

Rafting and Painting with the ladies

For Mother's/Father's Day, Ammon gifted Josh and I a rafting trip for 2 with Rawhide Outfitters that he won at Senior Sober night after his high school graduation. We kept trying to tell him to take one of his guy or gal friends and use the gift certificate himself, but he refused. Josh doesn't like floating with strangers (we did that on our very first float trip years ago), so I decided to go with a friend instead. Jen had never floated the Salmon River before, so I asked her to join me. We put out the invite to any of our girlfriends who might be interested in joining us, too, and only a couple could go on the day we had scheduled. All together, we had only a group of 4!!! Lexi Keller and Cristy Turner also joined us. We floated on Monday, July 30 (Mondays were better for Jen's work schedule). It was the first time the 3 of them had floated with Rawhide; there was another group that floated with them that same day, too. The weather was simply glorious! Our boat guide was pretty new at it, and as a result, we got stuck on 2 boulders throughout the float. The first time, we nearly flipped over in a rapid, and the second time, we had to shift people around in the boat to get off the rock that we high-centered on. Overall, it was a fun time, and I enjoyed spending the day with these fun girls! We had great conversation, laughed a lot, and had a good time with each other. 
Cristy, Jen, Lexi, and I









As soon as our shuttle bus made it back to town, I went home and showered and then headed back in to town to go to the Eagle's Lodge Paint and Pint Night with Darcy. I'd never been to one before, but had been wanting to go to one for a few years, so I was excited when she invited me to go with her. I'm not an artist--but painting was easier than I thought it would be, and I really enjoyed spending the night with Darcy! They served pizza, too, which worked out for me because I hadn't had time to eat the few minutes I was at home in between rafting and painting. Our creations were complete after just a couple of hours, and I was so proud of our products!!


Spending the day and night with my girlfriends was so invigorating for me! 

No comments: