Sunday, November 18, 2018

My First Quinceanera Invite!

Ever since I was a teenager, I've wanted to attend a Quinceanera party!! However, it wasn't until this year that I FINALLY got my first invite! I have a group of friends in Terreton that I get together with usually once or twice a month--we play dominoes, go to dinner, go to movies, go shopping, etc. One of my friends, Lidia, has a daughter who turned 15 this year, and she invited our group to attend the Quinceanera over the summer. I was SO excited! 

I drove down to it with my friend Angie, and we sat together all night. It was her first Quinceanera experience, too! Our friend Rosalba also came with her daughters, and we spent time with them during the celebration that evening as well. It was held in a big open room that's meant for large get-togethers behind a small Hispanic grocery store in Idaho Falls (which I accidentally went in at first because I couldn't figure out where to go!). It was decorated beautifully in the colors Aliyah had chosen: maroon and gold. Angie and I got there early enough to watch the ceremony. Then the family hosted a dinner for all in attendance. There was a TON of food, and the carnitas were SO delicious! Angie and I helped with the dessert--cutting up all the goodies us friends had brought, and putting them on platters near the cake in the front of the dance hall. 

After the dinner hour was over, the tables were moved out of the way, and the dancing began. Aliyah, her brother, and friends performed several choreographed dances. Then she got to dance with her dad and all her uncles, which was tender. She opened several gifts, and one of her uncles danced a silly dance to bring her one of her gifts, which was hilarious! Following the choreographed dances, the dance floor opened for everyone, and the DJ had a mix of songs he played. Shortly after that began, Angie and I left because I was heading back to Salmon that night and I didn't want to get home super late, and neither of us felt like dancing without our husbands ;).  

It was such a fun night! I enjoyed the celebration immensely!
My friends Angie and Lidia



Aliyah looked SO beautiful! I just loved her dress!





Dancing with champagne, and drinking to toast the special event!



I love her smile in this photo!

No comments: