Monday, February 29, 2016

February 2016 on FB

February 2: During our family reading of the scriptures tonight, Kanyon read one verse as "Get thee hence, Santa" (instead of Satan). We all busted out laughing, but then Josh and I found ourselves in succeeding verses mentally reading the word "Santa" instead of "Satan", too. I can't believe I've never noticed before that these two words have the same letters in their spelling!

February 3: I just signed up today for my first 5K! {it will be in Idaho Falls in June}


February 7: My thoughts on today's superbowl: disappointed in the commercials but loved the superbowl babies and the doritos ultrasound one, enjoyed the national anthem and lady Gaga ' s outfit, liked watching the head ref and his hand signals that all seemed to say "look at my muscles in this tight shirt", loved watching coldplay at halftime but wished Beyonce would've fallen down when she wobbled on the dance move (and how did there always seem to be a fan blowing on just HER hair?!!), and the giant colorful message about love in the stadium was touching. Although the game itself was a bust, the company was delightful and the food was delicious!

February 9: The odds are not in our favor at our house--50% of our family is sick: 2 of the boys have mono and 1 son has the pukey flu.

February 12 [posted by Josh]: Nothing says Happy Valentines Day, like toxic skulls and grenade launchers! 😃 This brought a smile to my face when Kanyon brought it home from school {it was the envelope he designed for his classmates' valentines to go inside}.

February 13: My grandpa finally got to be reunited with his wife and daughter in heaven last night. What a tremendous blessing for him! He lived 98 1/2 years on this earth, and lived a long, full life. He experienced so many things, and loved to tell me stories of being in the Berlin Air Lift, being a pilot during World War II, and experiences from living and flying all over the world. He built their retirement home on Lake Couer d'Alene, and I have so many fond memories of being at their house as a child. They sold that home shortly after I married Josh, and moved to Spokane. After Grandma died in 2009, I made sure to visit him at least once every year since and have enjoyed the opportunities I've had to spend one-on-one time with him. I love you, Grandpa!

February 14: 18 years ago today, Josh proposed to me. I said yes and it was the BEST decision I've ever made! Happy valentines, babe. Xoxox

February 17: My dog puked on the carpet, and was kind enough to lick all the chunks back up. Although I was glad she tried to clean up after herself, several of us gagged and nearly puked from seeing that take place. Ewww.

February 19: It was eerily quiet this morning in the house, so i went looking for the boys to see what they were up to, and I finally discovered them in their bedroom closet. They love hanging out in that little nook! I loved what i saw today when i opened this door!

February 22: An honorable way for my grandpa to be taken to his final resting place.

February 25 [posted by Josh]: You know it has been a good week when you have your skis and golf clubs in the car at the same time, and used them both.

February 26: I used the final onion from last year's garden in our dinner last night. I'm excited for spring to come so I can start growing produce once again!

February 29: It's Leap Year day!!!

No comments: