Monday, December 31, 2012

December 2012 on FB

Dec. 1: After trying new fuses in each strand and pulling out & replacing each individual bulb on the strings of lights all to no avail, I threw away over half my Christmas light collection today. Super time-consuming and extremely frustrating!

Dec. 2: This was the one episode of Amazing Race where I was really hoping it was an elimination round...since our entire family completely dislikes the "Twinnies"! We couldn't believe it was a non-elimination finish. Argghh--frustrated we have to watch (and listen to) them another week.

Dec. 3: I loved decorating gingerbread houses as much as my boys did tonight! Ammon thought he was "too old" to do it, and watched football instead with dad. So, I happily took his lil house and worked on it while the 3 younger boys did theirs. It was so fun!!!

Dec. 5: SO proud of my 4th grade students for singing the Star Spangled Banner at the HS bball game tonight! They did so good and were very respectful. And the boys' team pulled off the win in an exciting game! It was a great night!

Dec. 6: Best part of my day: watching the Irish Christmas in America live performance with the school kids. It was so awesome and enjoyable!

Dec. 8: I am determined to finish canning the rest of the pumpkins today...what a lengthy process! I do NOT enjoy making pumpkin puree, but i DO love eating all homemade pumpkin in desserts throughout the year, so I know it's worth it. I just keep reminding myself of that over and over and over...

Dec. 9: There are only 8 more school days until the 12-day Christmas break. I feel like there's so many things that need to be done before Christmas and not enough time to get it all done!

Dec. 10: I am an extreme spell-checker, and one of the most common spelling errors that totally irritates me is when people think they're spelling "definitely" when they write "defiantly". Two TOTALLY DIFFERENT things!!!

Dec. 11: I can't make it through an entire episode of Parenthood lately without crying!

Dec. 14: how heartbreaking...every parent's and teacher's worst nightmare happened today to far too many innocent children.

Dec. 16: I don't know why I ever thought making fudge as this year's neighbor Christmas goodies was a great idea! After 4 rounds (and 6 to go), I'm a little tired of standing over the hot stove and endlessly stirring!

Dec. 17: I felt like I re-lived a scene tonight straight from "A Christmas Story". We had just gotten in the car to go deliver neighbor goodies. It was snowing hard outside, and the wiper blades were frozen. As Josh tried to scrape the windshield, the wipers got stuck on each other, and completely broke, and out came the F-bomb. Ammon said "I heard the word that Dad just said". Micah then proceeded to spell it out loud in case there was any doubt. Unfortunately, I had no soap to put in his mouth, and there was no neighbor's dad to blame the word on...since he IS the dad!!!

Dec. 19: Super proud of my students today! The Kindergarteners had their very first performance for school peers, and they did so well! And the 5th graders blew me away tonight with their excellent skills on the recorders and singing! I am one happy, proud teacher! Great job kiddos!

Dec. 20: Oh my goodness...my Kindergarteners made my heart happy today with their awesome performance at their "Snowmen at Christmas" show! They are too precious! They did SOOOO good and they just made my day bright!

Dec. 20: I drove to Tremonton from Salmon on 9/11/01, and I felt like the world was ending that day. I will be driving to Tremonton from Salmon on 12/21/12, the day that the world's supposed to be ending. But I'm looking forward to being with my family and friends this weekend, since I truly don't believe that this is the end!!!

Dec. 20: Here's my list of things to do tonight: work for the golf course, make more fudge for neighbor gifts, address-stuff-mail Christmas cards, do two days' worth of blogging, wash laundry, get packed, help all the children get packed. Here's what's likely to happen tonight (because this is what happens EVERY thursday night): sit, watch DVR, check facebook. Motivation completely leaves me after 4-day school weeks! Especially after crazy weeks like this one!

Dec. 22: I woke up this morning! I survived the end of the world!

Dec. 24: twas the day before Christmas, and FINALLY i finished making neighbor goodies, mailing cards, and getting presents! Bring on the wrapping, the eating, and the ho-ho-hoing, cuz I am READY for this white Christmas to begin! Yay!

Dec. 29: Chillin' with the family in beautiful Stanley Idaho--literally and figuratively!

Dec. 31: i'm a list-making, goal-oriented girl. so naturally i love this time of year: reflecting on what I've done during the present year with lists, and looking forward to the new year with goals!

No comments: