Monday, January 4, 2016

2015 Goals Report

I set up a page on my blog to help me keep track of my goals and the progress I was making towards completing those goals throughout the year. I was overall pretty successful in accomplishing what I'd hoped to during the year, mostly because of the constant reminder on my blog!


1. PERSONAL: Do at least 10 blog posts a month, including 1 personal post - SUCCESS
There were some months that I had under 10 posts, but in other months I posted more than 10, so it all evened out. It was harder for me to write personal posts (and I knew it would be, which is why I made it a goal: to stretch my writing abilities)--I have to be in just the right [aka write] mood to gather my personal thoughts and ideas, and composing them takes longer than my traditional posts. Since I was so heavily invested in my college classes this year, that sucked some of my writing inspiration out of me (because I already had to write and submit assignments for them), and I only ended up posting 10 personal posts total this year instead of 12 like I originally wanted.
I order a blog book every December. I got this
book in the mail this year on Christmas Eve!
(Yes, I'm a couple of years behind in my orders).

       January: 11, personal post about my Grandma Rose
       February: 10, personal post about a weak parenting moment
       March: 10, personal post about marriage
       April: 9, personal post about choices in mothering
       May: 12, personal post about memories and simple days
       June: 15, personal posts about my generational rings. and experiencing annoyances
       July: 15, personal post about my college experience
       August: 11
       September: 8
       October: 9, personal posts about my experiences with sunflowers, and my fears/fascination with the solar system
       November: 10
       December: 10


2. SPIRITUAL: Go to the temple 6 times, including a visit to 1 temple I've never been to before - SUCCESS
I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to complete this goal since it was a little harder than I'd anticipated to accomplish it once the Idaho Falls temple closed in the spring for renovations! But I did, and the last time was just within a few days of the end of  2015.






       January: Went to the Rexburg temple with Amanda
       February: Went to the Idaho Falls temple with Josh for Tim & Barb's sealing, and Visited the Washington DC temple--I've never been there before. I wasn't sure if I would get to see it on my trip to Virginia to visit my sister, but Mack surprised me. I was happily surprised!
       April: Went to the Rexburg temple with Josh for Mikey & Denae's wedding
       September: Went to the Boise temple for niece Coral's wedding, and to the Logan temple for Kerry and Zack's wedding.
       December: Went to the Brigham City with Josh and the twins. It was their first time going to the temple, and they did baptisms.


3. EDUCATIONAL: Complete 30 university credits -  SUCCESS
I only actually earned 25 credits this year, but I also spent weeks studying and preparing for the Praxis I test, and I passed it with flying colors. That time could've been spent working on and completing another college class, so I don't feel like I was a complete failure in this category.

       January: 3 credits (Educational Psychology)
       February: 1 credit (Themes of U.S. & World History)
       March: 1 credit (Applications of U.S. & World History)
       April: 3 credits (Fundamentals of Diversity, Inclusion, & Exceptional Learners)
       June: 4 credits (Integrated Natural Science)
       July: 4 credits (Integrated Natural Science Applications)
       August: Passed the Praxis I test
       October: 3 credits (Classroom Management, Engagement, & Motivation)
       November: 3 credits (Educational Assessments)
       December: 3 credits (Introduction to Preclinical Experiences)
     

4. FAMILY: Go on a date with one son each month - SUCCESS
Josh and I took one son out for dinner each month. They got to choose where they wanted to go, and what they wanted to eat. It was a fun monthly date!




       January: Took Ammon to the Chinese Restaurant for dinner
       February: Took Jonah to Bertram's for a big burger
       March: Took Micah to 28 Club for prime rib
       April: Took Kanyon to Bertram's for steak
       May: Took Ammon to the Mexican Restaurant
       June: Took Jonah to the 28 Club for his first prime rib
       July: Took Micah to the Mexican Restaurant
       August: Took Kanyon to Bertram's for Prime Rib
       September: Took Ammon to Bertram's for Fish & Chips
       October: Took Jonah to the Mexican Restaurant
       November: Took Micah to Wally's Cafe
       December: Took Kanyon to the Savage Grill for Chicken Burger and Chicken Nuggets


5. PHYSICAL: Lose 25 lbs and earn that trip to Mexico! - FAIL
I faithfully exercised and ate healthy for 3 months this summer/fall in anticipation of my upcoming trip to Mexico. I lost 12 pounds--which was 50% of what I'd hoped to lose. So it wasn't a complete failure, but it also wasn't a complete success.


6. FINANCIAL: Pay for a trip to visit my sister in Virginia - SUCCESS

My trip was in February, and I paid it off in August. And right after it was paid off, I accrued more debt having a root canal done, and I have been working on paying that off ever since. I feel like my credit card will never retain a zero balance!!


7. SOCIAL: Do a random act of kindness at least twice every month - SUCCESS
This was a fun goal for me, I enjoyed finding ways to serve others.

       January: Fed the missionaries, brought Krissy's kids back home to Salmon from Arco
       February: Made a grammy contest for the high school music department and purchased prizes for the winners, bought a coffee for the elementary school maintenance worker
       March: gave Alessandria glitter spray out of the basket I bought at the elementary school silent auction, helped put away chairs after a relief society activity, drove to Stanley to pick up Krissy's kids for her.
       April: gave flowers to a co-worker, organized & directed a week-long recess clean-up at school: the kids and I picked up sticks, picked up trash, shoveled gravel off the blacktop, and decorated the playground with chalk
       May: drove to Stanley to pick up Krissy's kids and an Alexander girl and brought them to Salmon, paid for a friend's entrance to the movie theater
       June: Purchased food items to create a feast for the 2nd graders in Kanyon's class on the last day of school, packed and cleaned the bathroom and half the kitchen of a woman in our ward who's moving, was in charge of directing the campfire songs at YW camp for 2 nights.
       July: Was the guest reader for four weeks at the Library Summer Reading Program, volunteered at the Pioneer Celebration's primary activity, helped a friend move.
       August: Helped at the ward's wood-getting project, gave some lady friends rides to water aerobics.
       September: Purchased extra cupcakes for Kindergarten because a student brought birthday treats to share with the class but there wasn't enough for everyone, gave a backpack to a student who didn't have one, worked in the boosters booth at a home football game.
       October: Donated pumpkins to the Lemhi After School Promise kids and to the adults at Joshua Smith Foundation, emptied garbages and cleaned chalkboards at the church.
       November: Made and delivered pumpkin pies for a friend, took a senior citizen to the movie theater and had a blast!
       December: Purchased and donated gifts for the Christmas is Sharing program, donated clothes to a woman with sons in need of them, volunteered at the boosters booth during a basketball game


No comments: