Tuesday, July 23, 2013

even shorter

Since January, I've had a shorter haircut...

 
For the most part, I really like it: I get lots of compliments on it, and it's easy to style every day. The only problem with a short haircut is that after about 3 weeks, it starts bothering me and I have to go get it cut again. When I used to have my A-line haircut, I would go like 3 months before it would start to bother me. I prefer to not have to get it cut so dang often, because scheduling appointments and paying for pampering myself is not a strength of mine. So, now that I have to get my hair cut more often, I kept thinking the solution to the problem of the higher frequency of salon trips was to get my hair cut even shorter, thus extending the time in between cuts. So...I got my hair cut even shorter last month...It's been about 3 weeks and it hasn't started bothering me yet, so maybe it was a good solution?!
 



Perhaps I should just grow it out, though...because I've never spent so much money on hair product to keep it all spikey and full of volume each day. Between the cost of hair product and higher frequency of haircuts, it might be worth it to grow it out to the easy length again, like this haircut of 2010 (one of  my favorite cuts ever):

 
Okay...after comparing myself in these photos from June of 2013 to December of 2010, I just decided that all future self-portraits should only be taken after I've applied some mascara (I look WAY better with a little bit of eye-makeup). Also, note to self: self-portraits using day light is much more becoming than the dim lights of the bathroom in the evening.
 
Also, I want to shout out a big thank you to my hairdresser, and good friend, Amanda for always doing to my hair what I request! Even if it's taking my hair to even shorter lengths!

No comments: