Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 2012 on FB

Feb. 1: Hump day went surprising well today! I usually hate Wednesdays, but I had a great day today and I'm loving it--it's such a rarity!

Feb. 3: While teaching music to kindergarteners this week, we sang songs about numbers. In each of the songs, there were words that rhymed with each of the numbers. By the 2nd song, I had the kids guess what they thought would rhyme with each of the numbers in the song. When I got to number six, one of the girls in the class yelled out "Dix". And after that, we didn't have guessing time anymore.

Feb. 5: Ammon's team finally made it to a superbowl...only to lose it. Bummer for him. But since I don't like football, the best part about the superbowl for me is the food and the half-time show. Thank you Madonna for actually making the half-time show worth watching this year!

Feb. 7: Loved the "Spanish Lullabies" performed by Santana and Ricky Martin on Glee! oo-la-la those teeth of his!

Feb. 8: I went on a building tour of Salmon's Middle School today. It is so old and yucky and falling apart...I wish the community could understand just how badly we need a new school! Even on the tour, there were seniors who argued with the tour guide about their reasons why we don't need a new school...I was so disturbed by their bad attitudes.

Feb. 9: I taught a lesson in Sunday School class on Sunday about success. One of my class members Jamie Wilcox found this quote about success that I just love: "Success is to laugh often and much; to win respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!!"

Feb. 10: Today my youngest son Kanyon turned 5! As a family, we did 5 things he wanted to do on his special day: ice skating, swimming, shopping, eating, and sleeping at a hotel.

Feb. 12: Grammy's tonight! I had my 5th grade students fill out a Grammy's ballot with 22 categories of nominees and they are competing against the H.S. show choir students in an "Are you smarter than a 5th grader: Grammy edition" contest! I can't wait to see the results after the awards show!

Feb. 13: My 5th grade students' "Rockin to the Oldies" concerts began today. Two performances down, four to go! The students today totally rocked it today and I am so proud of them!

Feb. 16: let the 4-day weekend begin!!!

Feb. 17: Lost a dear friend last night. I have happy memories of spending his last two birthdays with him! He was a great man, and fought for his life with dignity. RIP Kevin Wright Dec. 20, 1979 - Feb. 16, 2012.

Feb. 18: Saw "To Kill a Mockingbird" at the Midvale Main St. Theater with Josh. It was fabulous!!! My friend Eve Speer directed it and another friend Marc Reading performed in it, and I got to catch up with them afterwards! I just loved tonight!

Feb. 19: Went to Park City today for the first time in my life! And for the first time this new year, I woke up to see snow!!!

Feb. 21: I've had a lump of sadness in my throat all day.

Feb. 22: Goodbye for now, Kevin. It was such an honor to be a part of your funeral. The services today were a lovely tribute to the amazing and inspiring life that you lived. You will never be forgotten, and are sorely missed.

Feb. 23: I am grateful that the 3-day school week is over. I don't know why they are always so difficult!

Feb. 25: I've been hoping for snow all winter....and NOW we finally get some. Instead of enjoying it, I gotta go into work and create backdrops for the "Annie" and "Music Man" plays that are next week!

Feb. 25: I have a goal this year of making one new recipe each month. Last month I made hamburger, lentil, and vegetable soup. I loved it--nobody else did. Today, I made Ham Hocks and Pinto Beans. I loved it--everybody else tolerated it. Are my taste buds so much different than my hubby & sons because I'm a girl or because I just have better taste?!!

Feb. 26: It's the Oscars tonight!!! This weekend I've made 5 of 6 sets for my 4th grade students' plays this week. My goal is to get that last set done before the Academy Awards begin, so that I can enjoy it stress-free! P.S. I love Meryl Streep!

Feb. 27: Family Home Evening with my boys gives me a headache. Every. Time! (We read two stories that they choose out of the Friend Magazine, play two games that they pick, and eat dessert! They're just crazy kids!)

Feb. 28: had my first guitar lesson tonight!

Feb. 29: One of my 4th grade classes performed "The Music Man Jr." today and they did a fantastic job! I was so proud of them! I wasn't sure they were gonna pull it off after our dress rehearsal, but they came through with flying colors! I'm so proud of all my student actors & actresses!

No comments: