Saturday, December 31, 2011

Live & Love Life 365 (December)

Day 335: Cousin Mikey came over to play with the boys this evening, and they were so glad! Kanyon has been praying every day for a few weeks that "his friend Mikey could come play"! I rented movies for us to watch tonight (one for the boys and one for Josh & I), and I enjoyed laying in bed with Josh watching our movie.

Day 336: Saw the high school play tonight with John, and we went for a bite to eat afterwards and sang karaoke with Amanda and Dustin. I had a wonderful evening out of the house. I loved seeing a theatrical production, eating some soup, and singing on stage!!!

Day 337: I stayed home all day and got projects done around the house, and it felt so good! Tonight I went over to John's and he fed me yummy dinner and I put up his Christmas tree. It was a delicious trade-off!

Day 338: I really enjoyed the Relief Society lesson today about miracles, and my lesson in Sunday School was about service and I loved giving it, too!

Day 339: Made peanut butter cookies tonight to have for dessert at Family Home Evening. I haven't baked cookies in a really long time, and they were good!

Day 340: My first class of the day was surprisingly wonderful--they're usually the opposite, and it started my work day off in a good way!

Day 341: Wednesdays are usually a very long and hard day for me at work. My last two classes were so well-behaved today, and it ended my work day in a good way!

Day 342: Josh and I went to my work Christmas party tonight and there was a lot of good food! It was delicious!

Day 343: Soaked in the hot springs tonight with Amanda, John, and Josh after we came home from Ammon's basketball game. It was hot, and we've never gone when it was so cold out! Walking out of the hot springs and dripping water on the cement caused it to form ice! We were alone there, and it was so relaxing for me!

Day 344: I got a lot accomplished today with projects, and it felt good! The boys helped Josh load wood and shoot pumpkins this morning, so I had the house to myself in order to accomplish more! Tonight, Josh took me out for dinner and karaoke and Amanda and John joined us, too. We had a good time together! I love dancing with Josh; it makes me so happy.

Day 345: Josh spoke in church today, and I enjoyed listening to him speak about keeping Jesus the center of our Christmas celebrations. As a family tonight, we watched the Amazing Race finale together. I sure love that show, and it's fun that the boys all like to watch it with us, too!

Day 346: I had a rough day at school, and I was so happy to come home and see that Josh made dinner and he gave me a big hug.

Day 347: Ammon's band concert was tonight, and he did a great job! I was so proud of him! His band group sounded awesome! I played the piano for the show choir at the concert, too. I was so nervous--that was the first time I've played piano at a performance for an audience since I was in high school! I messed up during two measures, but I was so grateful that I didn't screw it all up!!

Day 348: Today and tonight were crazy-busy. I had lunch with Josh and Kanyon, and it was nice to have some time {nearly} alone with my husband!

Day 349: The Kindergarten Christmas program was this morning, and it went so well! I was so proud of my students! Tonight was the ward party, and we sat by the Hobbs', Linger's, and Amanda and John and we had a good time visiting. After the party, John and Amanda and I hung out, and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

Day 350: Ammon played his last basketball game of the season tonight, and he did awesome! He scored 20 points and it was so fun to watch him play! After the game, we took the boys out for ice cream treats! When the boys went to bed, we went to Amanda's to watch a movie, and John came too. I just love being with my friends and family! I had an incredible night!

Day 351: I worked on the neighbor Christmas gifts this afternoon, and we took them around to our friends and family in Salmon tonight.

Day 352: We had game night tonight with Amanda and John and the Pace's and Malachi. It was so much fun! We snacked, and drank John's eggnog concoction, and played "Things" and "Music Scene-It". We laughed and had such a wonderful time together! I loved tonight!

Day 353: I was so grateful that I didn't have to go to work today. We are out on Christmas break for 18 days, and I got so much done at home! I completed my Christmas shopping, wrapped gifts, did errands for the golf course, went grocery shopping with Josh, and finished handing out our neighbor Christmas treats. It felt great to relax and not stress about work!

Day 354: I went to a birthday party for our friend Kevin tonight at John's house. We sang karaoke and snacked and talked and laughed, and I had a wonderful time!

Day 355: We drove to Utah today, and the boys were so good in the car ride. We visited Grandma Kathy in the hospital on the way. Tonight, we saw some really neat Christmas lights at a Tremonton home that were coordinated to Christmas music. Afterwards, I spent some quality time with my mom in her kitchen!

Day 356: We went ice skating this afternoon with Mick's family. Josh and I hadn't been ice skating in 15 years, and we've never gone together!! It was the first time the boys and I have ever skated in an indoor ice arena, and it was awesome! For two hours, we skated with Jen and her girls, and we had such a great time! I'm a terrible skater, but the boys steadily improved as we were on the ice. It was Kanyon's first time in skates and by the end, he could skate 20 feet unattended! I had so much fun!! This afternoon, I went to the temple and it was peaceful and quiet. And tonight we had a family Christmas party at Tawna's huge home. It was a delicious dinner, and we had a good time exchanging white elephant gifts and watching the kids do a nativity puppet show. It was a wonderful day today!

Day 357: This morning my mom helped the boys decorate gingerbread sleighs. After lunch, Josh and I took the boys to SLC. We went to IKEA first, where I bought the red leather loveseat that I've wanted to buy for years! I was so happy! Then we drove to Temple Square, and walked around for a couple of hours seeing the Visitors Centers and the Conference Center and the lights. We watched half of the "Testaments" movie, too. We went to eat at Costa Vida afterwards, and the boys had never eaten there before but they liked it as much as Josh and I do! Then we dropped the couch off at John's parents' house in Ogden so that he can deliver it to Salmon in his truck. Our last stop was driving through the 'Fantasy at the Bay' lights at Willard Bay. The line was extraordinarily long, and it took us over an hour to get through, but it was a good show! When we got back to Tremonton, the boys watched "The Christmas Story" in the living room and slept. It was a long, but full and happy, day!

Day 358: The boys opened a few of the gifts from Grandma this morning, and then we packed up and drove back to Salmon. The boys were good in the car for most of the drive, which was nice and unexpected, so I napped a lot as Josh drove. It was a peaceful Christmas Eve tonight. The boys watched a movie, then we read Christmas books, wrote letters to Santa, and acted out the nativity scene with figurines as I read from the Bible.

Day 359: Today was Christmas. We started out the morning at 7:30 with the boys looking at their stockings and Santa gifts. Then they took turns opening gifts, and had half of them opened when we stopped to eat breakfast, get dressed for church, and go to Sacrament Meeting. Church was so nice; I liked going for just the hour and fifteen minutes today! After church, Josh and I made dinner and his parents and Malachi joined us for the meal. Then we all took turns opening the remainder of the gifts, and we didn't finish until around 2:00. I loved having Christmas in my home today! It was a wonderful day!

Day 360: I put away all the Christmas decorations today. It took all day, but it felt nice to reclaim our home again. Josh burned the tree and wrapping paper in a bonfire and the twins loved watching it burn so fast! I also moved around furniture and changed pictures on some of the walls to change things up.

Day 361: I rearranged furniture and deep cleaned, and it feels so good to be in a new space! John brought over the red couch I bought at Ikea, and we put it in the family room and changed couches and chairs all around. It looks great!

Day 362: Tonight I went over to Denise's to create some vinyl lettering for the family room wall. I spent a few hours at her house and I enjoyed chatting with her. I felt sad today for no reason, so it was nice to get out of the house and create something with my dear friend!

Day 363: I put the vinyl lettering on the family room wall this morning. I love the look of it! I also cleaned off the desk in my room and made a few scrapbook pages, and I feel so decluttered and creative now!!! It rained last night, and it was so warm today. All the snow melted and the sun was shining. When Kanyon woke up, he put on his beach shirt and swimming shorts and couldn't wait to go play in the warm weather outside! He was so excited for dad to come home from work so he could jump on the tramp with him. Kimi came over this afternoon and I loved being with her! We talked, made food, ate dinner (Mikey came, too), played games, and watched youtube. I've misssed her!

Day 364: I deep-cleaned some more in my bedroom today, and it feels and looks so wonderful! Tonight I went to Kerry's house and we watched two movies and ate snacks, and I enjoyed watching chick flicks I haven't seen before!

Day 365: Josh drove us to the top of the mountain pass, and we went sledding on the ridge road where there was snow. Gid & Lys and Malachi came with us in the truck, and we spent two hours there. We packed down a trail on the road so that we could sled, and everyone took turns sledding and snowboarding and penguin sliding! It was so much fun! On the way home, Ammon and Malachi were pulled on their sleds behind the truck, and they rode for over 5 miles that way. I loved watching them! Tonight, we had the New Years Eve radio contest at Josh's parents house, and we won! We got all the songs and artists in the medley right! We did a few sparklers and fireworks, and worked on a 1000 pc. puzzle, and ate snack food, and played games. It was an awesome day!

No comments: