Friday, March 4, 2011

faux-hawk is hot!

Josh and I usually cut his hair ourselves--either I do it or he does. But once a year (usually in February), he pays someone to cut it. He grows his hair out every winter, and by February, he's ready for a good cut.

At the beginning of February, we went to a high school basketball game, and there was a guy who sat in front of us who had a faux-hawk hairstyle. I absolutely loved the haircut, and I stared at it for most of the night. Whenever he turned his head, I pretended I was taking photographs of the bball game, but really I was just taking photos of his hair. I wanted to remember what the hairstyle looked like.

I kept telling Josh how hot he would look with that haircut. The truth is, Josh looks good no matter what hairstyle he has, but I thought he would look especially fine with that specific cut. Here he is with his long hair after growing it out all winter (I love how it curls at the bottom behind his ears when it gets so long): The next week, he decided it was time for his annual paid haircut and he decided to oblige with my requests to have it cut in the faux-hawk style. I was so excited!! I asked one of my friends who went to beauty school if she would cut his hair for me. I showed her the pictures of the guy from the bball game, and she agreed to cut Josh's hair that way. I watched with glee as she cut his hair; it was so thrilling to see his hairstyle being transformed!
It's silly that I was so excited for my husband's haircut, but the truth is that Josh has more hair than I do. My hair has really thinned out and is so fine, but he still has super thick hair and such lovely locks. There's really only one haircut I get anymore, and I enjoy getting my haircut, but there's no real obvious transformation. But, for Josh, the transformation is totally obvious and it's fun to see! As she cut with clippers and scissors, his dark hair covered the floor, and the boys and I stood in front of him and watched the whole process with smiles on our faces.
And of course, the end result was exactly what I thought it would be on him: super, super HOT! I love his new hairstyle! The day after he got his new haircut, for the first time in nearly 13 years of marriage, I heard him use the blowdryer on his hair! And that made me laugh, too! He was trying to get it styled just right, and I loved that he had to use the blowdryer to achieve that!

I adore my husband! Until now, he's never gotten his hair cut to my specifications, but I'm happy that he did because I absolutely love his hair!!! He is one hot papa!

1 comment:

Jodi and Skott said...

I seriously thought that side profile pic of Josh laughing was Uncle Edward.
That is an awesome haircut!!!!