Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Season Confusion

October was so warm. And so was the beginning of November, too.

It was weird to have pumpkins on my porch at the same time as blooming flowers.
And it's weird that we are still mowing the lawn.

And it's weird that all the leaves have just barely fallen off the trees.

Usually, by October the leaves are all fallen, the grass is mowed for the last time, and the flowers have died.
It's felt like an Indian summer.
Don't get me wrong--I love the sunshine! And I've loved the extra time we've spent outdoors this fall! But I also love the seasons, and the different aspects of each one. This year, it's just been so different. This spring was super cold, this summer was super rainy, and this fall was super warm. I'm wondering if Mother Earth is aging and is experiencing some Alzheimers or something!

No comments: