Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pick, Gut, Lick, Cut

5 easy steps for making the perfect jack-o-lantern:
1. PICK the best pumpkin just for you from the patch!
(Kanyon picked the biggest pumpkin out of all of us this year!)
2. Cut the top off and remove the inner GUTS from the pumpkin and
3. LICK your fingers in the process! (that's what Kanyon does, anyway)
4. Choose a design for the pumpkin face, and CUT away!

(Ammon and his vampire)

(Jonah and his dog)

(Micah and his cat)

(Kanyon and his silly face)

Mom's "BUM-kin" (yes, it's pooping guts)

Dad's "Nightmare before Christmas" jack-o-lantern

5. And lastly, take a family photo and LIGHT the finished pumpkins!
Isn't Halloween terrific?!! I absolutely love carving pumpkins! I did five of them myself this year! And I used one knife to do it! Josh doesn't like doing it, but I was surprised at his willingness to carve his and the details he gave to his pumpkin! Unfortunately, he broke the knife when he was carving! So, I think I'm ready to invest in some pumpkin carving tools next year!!!

3 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Super cute- love the bumkin! They look awesome all lit up.

We have been cutting off the bottom of the pumpkins- a trick my neighbor taught me. Sure makes gutting and lighting soooo much easier! Try it next year. See how you like it.

alyssa said...

you guys are rock stars! Those are some awesome jackolanterns.

Trina said...

I love all the different designs and faces!