Friday, November 12, 2010

Down & Up in numbers; Up & Down in satisfaction

Dang the holidays! The wonderful holidays with the fabulous food that is too tempting to turn down! A goal of mine this year was to lose 36 pounds. I started working on the goal in January, then I quit. Then I started working on it again in June. And as of October, I'd lost 17 pounds. I was encouraged by the fact that I was almost half-way to my weight-loss goal. Then Halloween hit. And with the post-Halloween food (pictured below), I've already gained 5 pounds back! And with Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years coming, I don't think I'm going to have the courage (the courage to say no to good food), in order to make my goal-weight this year! Dang these delightfully delicious holidays!!!

5 comments:

Debra said...

dang! me too...it's such a fight!

darcymae said...

i'm not actually a big fan of candy so halloween wasnt much of a temptation. but the good food of thanksgiving and christmas sure will be!

Chainsaw said...

It's better to eat well and die happy than to eat like a miser and die skinny.

Tawna said...

You are amazing! Let's go for a run/walk while you're home :)

Sunshine said...

ya, I'm trying to eat better and I picked an awful time!