Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter 2010

Every year since we got married (except one), we've spent Easter with the Perkins family in Tremonton. And every year, we look forward to it and love celebrating it with family! This year was no exception; Easter 2010 was truly wonderful.

Easter was the first weekend in April. It was a cold, windy, snowy weekend. Easter Sunday was the nicest day we'd experienced the whole week! General Conference was on Easter weekend, but unfortunately we didn't watch any of it due to some unforeseen events. We did feel the spirit of the General Authorities being broadcast through radio waves, though. Following the Sunday Afternoon Session, we had a family devotional. We prayed and sang, we read scriptures and talked about the circumstances surrounding Jesus Christ's death and resurrection.

I love Easter. I enjoy reflecting on the purpose for the holiday; I am filled with so much gratitude and have so many reasons for celebrating the special day. I am so grateful for my elder brother Jesus Christ. I know that He lived an exemplary earthly life and He died for me--for all of us. I testify that because of His glorious resurrection, He lives!! And because He lives, each of us can live again after this mortal life. He is my Savior and my Redeemer, and I love him and I strive to emulate him. He is the way! Without Him, I would be lost.

1 comment:

Sunshine Designed said...

Great testimony Kala. Today in gospel doctrine my lesson was "Look to God and Live" (I'm sure yours was the same). I'm adopting that as my new reminder motto.

Glad you all had a great Easter!