Tuesday, April 13, 2010

3-D

I was so excited when "Alice in Wonderland" came out! I convinced Josh to go with me to see it, since neither of us have watched a movie in 3-D and I wanted to experience it so badly! We don't have a movie theater capable of 3-D technology in Salmon, so we drove to Hamilton, Montana to watch it.
To be perfectly clear, Josh had no desire to watch the movie. He hates the story of Alice in Wonderland, he doesn't like Tim Burton creations, and he's not a fan of Johnny Depp. I, on the other hand, love the story of Alice, LOVE Johnny Depp's acting, and think that Tim Burton is a creative genius.
Josh was such a loving husband to go with me, after only a little bit of gentle persuasion! I was glad he came, especially since we had to make the drive home in the dark through a heavy blizzard, turning the 1 & 1/2 hour drive into a 2 & 1/2 hour drive. But I think it was totally worth it (Josh disagrees with me on that matter)!
I thought the movie was awesome (Josh thought it was mediocre). I loved the story, I loved the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts characters, I loved the special effects, I loved the magical creations produced, I loved seeing it in 3-D. I just loved it all!!! I would totally recommend seeing this movie!!! Josh's review, on the other hand, is that he wouldn't have wasted his money on seeing it (good thing I paid for the date, huh!).
Josh and I have such different tastes in movies, which is why I usually go with a friend instead of him! And now you know which one of us has the better taste in movies....that would be MWAH!!!

2 comments:

darcymae said...

sorry, gonna have to side with josh on this one....and i havent even seen it! but i'm not a fan of the original movie and HATE the lame 3-D that is in regular movie theaters (the glasses bug and the 3-D is such a disappointment after watching the ones at disneyland). luckily, no one in my house has a desire to see it so we wont be wasting a penny on this movie.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Alice in Wonderland was creepy enough before Tim Burton got involved. As far as taste in movies, sorry dear, but you don't even come close to my prowess in picking good movies! JOSH