Sunday, September 7, 2008

One Year Older AND Wiser, too!!!

School started in Salmon the day after Labor Day. For me, the beginning of school signifies the beginning of a new year, even more so than January 1. It's the beginning of another new period of growth and learning and change in life. Ammon is now a big 3rd grader. Man-oh-man, kids grow up too fast. I asked him all during Kindergarten to please not grow up, but he always responded "I have to". Now when I tell him not to grow, he says "But you grow, too. If you hadn't grown up, I never would've been born." He is SO smart, and always seems to get the final (& unbeatably wise) word! He is in a 3rd/4th grade split class this year. He is very excited because his best friend AND his girlfriend are both in that class, too! His teacher Mrs. Livingston is very nice. We are looking forward to another great year of school! Here are a few photos of Ammon on his first day of school 2008...

5 comments:

D'Neill said...

The first day of school is always fun/sad/exciting/whatever. It's hard to see them grow up! Kaylee got that same type of backpack that Ammon has, I hope she doesn't get sick of it. Has Ammon had his for awhile?

Sunshine Designed said...

Happy New Year to you!

Tawna said...

Is Ammon wearing a Denver Broncos jersey?! I love that stadium, every time I drive by it, I want to see a game there. That would be awesome. Hope he's loving 3rd grade, I loved that grade. I miss teaching...

Candise said...

I sure do miss you Ammon! You get more and more handsome every day. Have a great year in 3rd grade!

Miss Heather said...

He is so handsome!! I can't believe how adorable your kids are!!