Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 2016 on FB

August 3: I have loved floating around on lake water ever since I was a kid...and it means so much to me to see my kids enjoy it too!!! Josh got us a new paddle board this year, and I got a new kind of float tube, and we've spent the last two weekends enjoying mountain lakes together!

August 5: I want Josh to look like this when he grows old. Also, an accent wouldn't hurt either. P.S. I love the Olympics! And how cool it is that golf is back in it!

August 6: I love Opening Ceremonies at the Olympics! Last night's event was spectacular! I especially loved the spinning contraption around the Olympic flame at the end of the ceremony--I was definitely wowed. The twins and I watched every single team come in during the parade of athletes--learning about new countries, listening to stories about all these diverse athletes, and critiquing all their cool outfits (Indonesia & Barbados were definitely our faves and the flagbearer from Tonga was a fun surprise). Here's some of my opinions on the array of uniforms from last night:





August 9: At Lava Hot Springs with possibly 2 future synchronized Olympic divers!

August 12 [posted by Ammon]: Fun fact: the Perseids meteor shower was shootin across the sky while we had our midnight madness run to kick off what's gonna be an awesome season with the crew

August 12: I just got a big piece of dog crap off my arm. How did it get there, you ask? Well, I was mowing around the outside of the lawn for kanyon (I always do the edges for him), and i saw a big turd in the grass so I asked him to go get a shovel, scoop it up, and put it in the ditch. As I'm coming around the edge that borders the ditch, my arm touched the hose that I'd just hung on the fence and i thought "that's nice that the hose feels so cool to the touch on such a hot morning". A minute later, I smelled dog crap. I looked at my arm and sure enough the poop was ON my arm. He'd used the shovel to catapult it over the fence into the ditch, but it went through the hose and fence on its way and just so happened to swipe across my arm as I passed it. Yughhcckkk!

August 12 [posted by Josh]: A great start to the day, Ammon!

August 13 [posted by Josh]: Apparently Nik thought the sand needed a good mowing. At least he knows to smile on camera. You weren't the only one "drifting ", Ammon!  #2daysinarow

August 14; Happy Birthday to Me!!! Thank you Josh for the date night, the gifts, the motorcycle ride, and for making my favorite birthday meal! Thanks Darcy for being my date at the play, going to dinner, game night, and for making the most delicious pie!! Thanks Kerry for doing my hair and the lunch date! Thanks to my boys (incl Ammon), Mom Ruth, Kathy, and Barb for the thoughtful gifts. Thank you everyone for your nice facebook and text messages! I sort of felt like a celebrity at church today with everyone's kind birthday wishes and it made me feel so loved! I have absolutely enjoyed this birthday! And the icing on the cake was spending the afternoon and evening at home just relaxing with my family watching the Olympics!

August 14 [posted by Ammon]: Happy birthday mom, I've been trying to think of something clever and cute to say that will make you happy but I couldn't think of anything cuz I kinda suck at that haha, anyways, happy 37th birthday mom I hope it's a great one, not too much longer and I'll be the one taking care of you 😉, thank you for everything you do for us boys, I really appreciate it even if I don't show it sometimes 😁, good thing I'm Not home so you can actually enjoy your day haha 😉, I love you so much and I'm thankful I get to call you my mom ❤️

August 19: Viva mexico! On a monthly date tonight with Kanyon at the Mexican restaurant. He's trying deep fried ice cream for the first time. Yummmm!

August 20: Best cereal EVER! And it never seems to go on sale, so every time my birthday comes around, this is what I ask for! Mmm mmm. Yummy way to start my day!

August 20 [posted by Josh]: Some days it is just me and the deer on the course. Enjoying a nice Saturday morning.

August 28: I keep finding these little man toys in the dirt around our house and yard this summer. So far I've discovered 3 (I forgot to take a pic of the first one before I threw it away). They're starting to creep me out. I have no idea where they came from and why I'm just barely finding them but I feel like a zombie doll invasion is happening! {p.s. I found out they are foosball guys, but we've NEVER owned a foosball table!!!)


August 31: Guess where I get to go tonight?! And with my sister too!!!! Thanks Josh for the awesome bday gift!

August 31: I love Coldplay!

August 31 [posted by Josh]: I enjoy my morning view on a regular basis.

No comments: