Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 2014 on FB

April 6: Today's good news: I got to sleep in with my hubby, I stayed in my PJ's all day, I heard some wonderful talks at General Conference, I passed off a college math lesson, and I went for a bike ride with Josh. It's been an awesome Sunday!!

April 9: I took my first WGU college class final over the weekend, and my mentor told me last night that I passed with an 80%! I'm SUPER thrilled!!! What a good feeling to have the first class over and done, and being one step closer to having my teaching degree!

April 11: Okay, so...how did everyone get the memo about National Siblings Day? I've never heard about it before! Now I'm wondering...Is it a facebook phenom or a real holiday?

April 16: [in response to a quiz called "What Color Matches Your Personality?", I got: You are pink! You're full of love and affection, and family is everything to you. Sometimes you need protection, special treatment and desire to live a more sheltered life.]  Apparently I am pink. Although I HATED this color growing up, I've become quite fond of it this year (as evident in the pink streak in my hair!)

April 19: What a fabulous egg hunt this morning in Salmon! Thank you Rotary!!! My kids were so happy! Now we are heading to Utah for an Easter weekend with my family and I'm SOOO looking forward to it! I just LOVE Easter!

April 22: Soooo proud of my 4th grade students for their awesome play performances this week! It does my heart good to see them excel after 4 months of hard work and practice!

April 24: What. a. WEEK!!!! I directed two 4th grade class plays equaling 4 performances. And the students were phenomenal and made me cry! I took a final exam for my college math class. AND PASSED!!!! And I just rode 14 hours on a bus with 44 kids from Salmon to Seattle for high school choir/band tour!!! SO glad to be off of moving wheels and on solid ground again!

April 25: Had an uplifting experience, 520’ above Seattle at the Space Needle! The SHS Show Choir sang a song for all who were on the Space Needle to hear: "525,600 Minutes". 

April 25: I'm at Chihuly Garden & Glass in Seattle
April 25: SHS Choir & Band students had dinner at the Hard Rock Café on Day 2, along with 2 other high schools. The whole restaurant was rockin' and all the kids were moving and singing along to music videos while we ate. It was completely awesome and I absolutely loved it!

April 26: All 44 of our awesome performing students! I love traveling with this group!

April 27: While waiting for the bus to get us after dinner on Day 2 at the Hard Rock Café, the choir broke out in song in downtown Seattle. It was beautiful! We were at a regular bus stop and a sweet old lady, who was waiting for her bus, couldn't stop crying as they sang!

April 27: While we were at the Mariners game, every time there was a break and music played and the large screen showed people dancing, our huge group got up and danced and made noise. We wanted so bad to make it onto the screen. We never gave up hope, but alas it never happened. Sad face  I'm gonna say it again: I just LOVED our group!! It was so much fun to be with these outgoing kids who know how to have a good time!

April 28: Oh my gosh! My new favorite flavor of chocolate: Robinson Cano is on Jimmy Fallon right now! I just saw him for the first time at the Mariners game yesterday and fell in love!

No comments: