Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 2013 on FB

Mar. 1: In a week from today, I will wake up in sunny Las Vegas instead of snowy Salmon.

Mar. 6: you are you, that is truer than true. today is the day, I'll be off and on my way. Magic awaits me, so I'm filled with glee.

Mar. 7: Arrived in Las Vegas! Had a great long day of driving with my cute hubby. We saw my Grandma Rose, had a picnic at the Fort Cove and then toured it, went to the Las Vegas Temple, and checked into our hotel at Circus Circus. I'm so excited for what tomorrow will bring! It's been 15 years since we've been here...

Mar. 9: Yesterday our Vegas adventure included golfing in the rain & hail, going to the top of the Stratosphere and riding the Big Shot, having lunch at Hash House a Go Go with my friend Heather, and watching a show at the Luxor. Today is a lot warmer and actually sunny, and I'm soooo excited to see Celine tonight!

Mar. 10: We had a full day in Vegas yesterday: went to see Hoover Dam, ate lunch at Naked City Pizza (it was on Diners, Dives, & Drive Ins), walked & shopped on the Strip, watched the Bellagio fountains, and saw Celine in concert last night! I'm sad to be leaving today, because the weather is absolutely gorgeous here! The plan is to make the 12 hour trip home all in one day...

Mar. 11: I am voting YES YES YES on tomorrow's school bond for a new K-8 school. I am tired of working in a falling apart, moldy, smelly building that is a football-field-length away from the elementary school that the kids have to walk to every day in cold, snowy, rainy weather. The music room that's included in the new K-8 design would be SOOO much better for all my students! Not to mention a million times safer!

Mar. 12: For the 8th time, our school bond did NOT pass. It is so depressing to live in a community that's full of people who do not support the schools or the students or our future.

Mar. 13: One of my 2nd grade classes performed the "Seussical Musical" today and it was remarkable & magical! I loved watching them! They did an awesome job and definitely made my heart happy to see!

Mar. 14: I love my 2nd grade students! They had 2 more fabulous performances today of the Seussical Musical, and I am one proud musicv teacher!

Mar. 16: I love the show "Smash". I hate that I had to wait a year for its second season, but it was sooo worth it!

Mar. 25: It's spring break, so we're spring cleaning. Already rearranged two of the boys' bedrooms, and gotten rid of several bags of garbage and several bags of donations. Feels good to clean house!

Mar. 27: these are a few of my favorite things (over spring break): sunshine, laying on the freshly mowed grass, rearranging furniture, clean bedrooms, watching movies alone late at night, sleeping in.

Mar. 27: It's official: my kids are hoarders. I can't believe how much garbage and boxes of stuff we cleaned out of their rooms! They don't get it from me, but I can't say the same for their dad!

Mar. 28: I'm not a good dancer, but I can sure kick butt on Wii Just Dance! I need to choreograph some dance movements for the 5th grade Shrek Show, and I think I'll just use some from the game, since that's the only dance moves I'm good at!

Mar. 29: I have so much enjoyed my last 7 days off for spring break--it's felt like a taste (and teaser) of the summer to come! I'm excited to spend our last 3 days off in Utah for a wedding, family time, and Easter before going back to school for two more months.

Mar. 31: I completely LOVED easter weekend with my family! And I'm not ready to go back to school tomorrow after the 10-day spring break off! I can't wait for summer!!!

No comments: