Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Showered with Flowers

Mother's Day was a treat for me this year. Josh and the boys went to Father/Son campout the Friday night before Mother's Day, and I had the house to myself. I kept trying to find somebody to go out with, but almost all of my friends were out of town for the weekend or had other plans and couldn't. So, I spent Friday night alone watching movies and reading, and it was so peaceful! On Saturday, the boys came home and worked all afternoon on my gifts. On Sunday, we had a nice day at church and a BBQ after. It was such a great weekend, and I felt happy; I was spoiled by my husband, boys, mother, and I even got things for myself!

My Mother-in-Law Kathy gave me this beautiful corsage to wear to church on Sunday, and I received so many compliments for it! I especially loved the good-smelling white lily in it:

Josh and the boys got flowers for me and planted them all around the yard in places that needed them. They planted some by one of Josh's new rock walkway.
This side of the house was always boring before, with its gray wall and no windows, and just grass bordering the house. Now I like how there's color and texture because of the walkway and the various colored flowers.

They also planted flowers in the pots that line the front of the house. Last year there was only one pot in front, and I felt that the area needed more diversity (there's so much gravel out front because of the way that our driveway runs parallel with the home) so I bought 4 more and I think the area is much more warm and inviting now. 
I also bought a new and colorful welcome mat to match the pots and flowers. I think it adds a nice touch to the entrance.
 I love all the different flowers and colors that the boys planted in the pots! I love driving home and seeing them to welcome me!

They also planted flowers on the terrace. It is a 4-step terrace that is on the hill adjacent to our driveway. It is 100+ years old, and was built with local rocks. Our property is just covered in rocks! Josh planted ground bushes on the top level a few years ago, and he planted various bushes and grasses on the 3rd step. We plan on putting poppys on the 2nd step (they are growing in a small indoor greenhouse right now), and on the 1st step he and the boys planted more flowers for me.
 Josh weeded the area, and he had the boys help him plant the flowers, and then he covered the ground surrounding the flowers in bark.
I think it is so beautiful now! I just love how Josh makes our yard and garden and home such a wonderful and peaceful and gorgeous place to be! I just love my flower gifts from Josh and the boys!

My final Mother's Day gift was one that I actually purchased for myself: a hammock swing. I hung it from one of the large Ash trees in the backyard. I love sitting on it in the afternoon or evenings. And since it swivels, I can turn while sitting in it and see the boys wherever they're at in the yard. The boys all love it too, and so does Josh, so I ordered one for him for a Father's Day gift as well!

I love living where I do, we live in such a beautiful place! I enjoy seeing the result of yard beautification projects, especially when they are given as gifts! Sitting on my hammock swing and looking around at my yard and the flowers and the ditch fill me with such peace and joy. I have truly appreciated the gifts I was given for Mother's Day this year!

No comments: