Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blossoms Popping Right Before My Eyes

I love the different seasons. I love experiencing the change that each one brings. But sometimes I wish things could last longer....like the warm lazy days of summer vacation, or the spirit of Christmas in the winter, or that the changing of the colors of the leaves in the fall would stay longer before falling, or that the blossoms could stay on the fruit trees in the spring longer than two weeks! I LOVE all the blossoms on the apple, cherry, and pear trees in the yard. For days I sat outside just staring at them, mesmerized by their beauty. Even as the blossoms were falling off in the wind, and I knew their time had come to an end this year, it was beautiful to see as the grass became covered in the dreamy snow-white petals. Ahhh, popcorn popping on the trees is just magical!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Beautiful trees! I wish I had apple and pear trees. I have to buy my fruit from the locals... I bet it's very nice during canning season to have your own. I am very jealous!