Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree Tree Tree

For our first Christmas together, Josh and I lived in Tremonton. We didn't have access to the forest like we do now to get our own tree, and we couldn't afford to buy one either (artificial or real). So instead I bought a 3-foot artificial tree, decorated it, put it on a pedestal, and placed the gifts under it on the floor. It was a pretty humble sight. Ever since then, we have had a real tree in our home for Christmas, but I came up with a plan for the small artificial tree. I let Ammon decorate it with his own ornaments when he was big enough to do so. A couple years after Jonah and Micah were born, I bought them little artificial trees to decorate with their own ornaments too. Next year, Kanyon will have a tree to decorate as well. They love to have their own personal tree to decorate; it makes them so happy! It also makes me happy because then I enjoy decorating MY big tree just the way I like it too!!!

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

That is such a cute idea. I love it! You are the cutest mom to have such fun traditions for your kids. :)

Tawna said...

I LOVE that idea! I didn't know you did that. Kids love having their own thing to create on, what a great way to do that. You are a great mom, Kala. Sure do love you