Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Get your motor running, Head out on the highway

One of Josh's dreams came true: he bought a street bike at the beginning of May. 

We've always talked about getting one, and riding on it to Sturgis and around the country after we retire. He's been looking at a specific one for about a year, and thinking about purchasing it, and when the lady who owned it finally dropped the sale price into a range that he could afford, he knew he didn't want to pass up the chance. 

It's not a Harley, but it's close enough. He loves this bike--he loves the modified exhaust that produces a loud sound, and the higher handlebars, and that it provides an extra seat so I can ride with him too (we wear helmets, I promise). It's been rainy weather for the most part since he's gotten it, but we have taken it on a few short rides together on sunny evenings. I've loved wrapping my arms around him as he takes me for a spin! One day, he even surprised me at work and showed up in the motorbike to take me to lunch: I was seriously grinning from ear-to-ear because it felt like I was being picked up by a dark knight on shining armor! My favorite thing about this motorcycle is seeing him exude happiness after taking a ride on it! This bike makes him feel alive (after all, he WAS born to be wild), and I think he looks pretty darn good on it, too! 



No comments: