Sunday, March 22, 2015

Valentines Day 2015

It was rather simple getting ready for Valentine's Day this year since Jonah and Micah are now in 5th grade, so they don't give Valentines cards anymore. I didn't even have to help make a Valentine's Box this year for any of the kids, since Kanyon's class made their own at school. For the hand-out treats, I bought a large box of fruit roll-ups at Sam's Club for Kanyon and I to attach to our Valentine's Cards, and we worked on it one night together. Kanyon had Despicable Me cards for his class, and I had SpongeBob cards for my 2 kindergarten classes. We went through and wrote our names on the cards, made sure we had one for every child in each of our classes, and then stapled a fruit roll-up to all of them. I liked that it was so easy this year!

Valentine's Day was on a Saturday this year, so we celebrated it at school on Thursday the 12th (we have 4-day school weeks). Kanyon's class Valentine's party was at the end of school day, but they could hand out their cards that morning. I wasn't able to make it back for his party because the Kindergarten class (where I work) was having a party at the same time, too, so I took a few photos of him that morning instead. 
Kanyon with the giant heart-shaped Valentine envelope
that he made & decorated. Each student had one on the end
of their desk to put the valentines cards in. 

Checking out to see how many he has received so far!

In Kindergarten, each student also made a bag, but they were a lot smaller, and the kids each took turns handing out their treats and putting them into the other students' bags (as they were holding onto them). They thought it was a lot like trick-or-treating, which was a fun way for them to give to each other.

I love Valentine's Day, but the kids are SO hyped up at school whenever there's a fun party, and after having two hyped-up classes (the morning and the afternoon) do their parties, I was exhausted at the end of the school day (and was SO glad it was a weekend)!!! Kanyon felt the opposite: he was so excited when he got home, because he had a container full of cards and candies (which of course were all eaten by the very next day)!

No comments: