Thursday, March 26, 2015

moments that made me laugh

Random moments (that I took a picture of to remember the moment by) from January and February that made me laugh:

My friend Amanda's birthday was in January. One night, John, Amanda, Josh, & I went out late to Bertram's Restaurant. We didn't order a meal, instead we ordered fries--LOTS of fries. We got regular fries, beer-battered fries, and fries with gravy. And after we ate all the fries, we ordered more fries. It was quite ridiculous, actually. And when we got full on fries, we ordered dessert (because it WAS Amanda's birthday celebration after all). But since we were all too full on fries, we had to share the dessert between us. The whole night made me laugh, because we were being so silly and it was late and I loved every minute of it!


One day at the end of January, Kanyon came home from school with a paper totem pole that he colored. Each piece of the totem pole lifts up, with space for writing on the back. Apparently, he learned about each animal, and then was to write about someone he knew that had attributes similar to that animal.  This is what he wrote: "Jonah and Micah are a raven because they are smart, big, fast, and remember people. I am a fox because I'm fast, sneaky, and quiet. (he didn't write anything for the butterfly, but the next part is what really cracks me up...) My mom and dad are a whale because they like swimming and they way alot." I laughed so hard when I read that!!! I've never been compared to a whale before, but it's nice to know what my kids REALLY think about how I look ;)!


At the beginning of February, there were some posts on facebook from some of our family members who had seen men with toddler ponytails/man buns on the BYU campus. Josh was super curious as to what the guys looked like. We couldn't figure out if they had super long hair and just pulled it all the way up on top for the ponytails, or if they had medium length hair and pulled up what they could. We just couldn't visualize it! Then I went to a dance company's performance in Salmon, and there was a guy in the group who had a man bun on the top of his head, so I took a photo so Josh could see. The guy had short hair on the sides and back, but it was longer on top so he could do up his hair into a bun. A few weeks later, Josh was getting his hair cut. It hadn't been cut for several months, and it had gotten pretty long. He wanted to see if he could pull off the toddler ponytail look before it was cut. I laughed so hard when we pulled it up; I'd never seen Josh's hair like this before! Doesn't he look adorable?!!


I really, really wanted to get the game Telestrations for Christmas, but unfortunately I didn't. We played it for the first time over Christmas break at the Forsgren's house, and just loved it! They're pretty good illustrators, so it was fun to see what the Forsgren boys' pictures looked like. Then our friends the Hobbs' came over to our house in January, and brought their new game Telestrations with them. We played all together with our kids, and had a hilarious time depicting the pictures that the kids drew! In February, Josh & I went over to their house one evening, and while we were there, we decided to play the game again. Josh and I are both terrible artists: he doesn't like this game because he can't draw, but I love this game because I am SO bad at drawing that it's actually hysterical! I love playing with people who have similar artistry skills to mine, because then I don't feel so dumb--which is why when I saw this picture, I laughed SOOO hard! Gina thought I was making fun of her skills when I laughed, but I truly wasn't; I just love that she draws like I do! For some reason, this picture of an alligator just makes my heart sing!
(P.S. I remember trying to draw a frog once for a 1st grade class that I was teaching music to a few years ago, and they all laughed at me, because they said it looked nothing like a frog, and multiple kids said they could do a better job! And I'm sure they were right!!!)

No comments: