Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 2015 on FB

March 1: Yesterday we saw the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. Today our plans are to go to the Shenandoah Valley to see the Luray Caverns! I'm loving this trip with Ammon, my sister, and her family!

March 2: I woke up at 5:30 this morning in Washington D.C., but by 5:30pm, I was home in Salmon, Idaho! I'm so grateful for technologies in transportation that make that possible!

March 4: Working in Kindergarten definitely has its perks! This week in Kindergarten we are celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday, and have had dress-up days every day. Today was "Wacky Wednesday". I wore rolled-up pajamas pants, a tutu skirt, an inside-out jacket, mismatched earrings, and toddler-sized piggy tails in my hair. I loved it!!! And I completely embarrassed all my boys in the process!!! They told me when they saw me this morning that they didn't want to be seen with me during the day, but unfortunately for them, that didn't happen. They told me tonight how their friends were all talking about how ridiculous I looked. SUCCESS!!!! I totally nailed the look of "Wacky Wednesday"!!! Props to you, Dr. Seuss, for making weird people like me feel acceptable just the way I am (despite what my boys think)!

March 6: [posted by Josh] Got some awesome skiing in yesterday. Not a bad way to spend the day "working "! (he drove the school ski bus to Powder Mountain)

March 7: Took the whole family to the theater to watch "McFarland, USA". I highly recommend it--we all enjoyed it! (I even cried FOUR times, it was THAT good!)

March 8: One of our crocus plants finally sprouted today for the first time--we planted them 2 years ago and were so glad to see one bloom!

March 11: Just got the assessment evaluation back for my U.S. & World History college class; and I PASSED!! After sacrificing and studying and laboring over homework, it is always such a good feeling to know when I pass a class!

March 13: Took Micah on a date tonight. We went to the 28 Club, and he had his first Prime Rib and loved it! He ate every bite of the entire meal!! My favorite part of dinner was when the waitress came over to him to pick up his menu after we were done ordering, and he didn't know what she was putting her hand out for, so he shook her hand!! What a gentleman, and such a sweet gesture! Totally made me smile!

March 14: Today is Pi Day (3.14.15), so we just had to get some coconut cream and chocolate cream to share with friends. Thanks Marie Callendar!

 March 15: Took the twins skiing at Lost Trail yesterday. It was their 2nd time going this season (they just learned how to ski last year), and yet Jonah still managed to beat me to the bottom EVERY single time; which both filled me with pride (for his increasing skills) and embarrassment (for my decreasing skills)!!!

March 17: Guess who didn't get pinched at school today?!! I just got patted a lot instead (the kids all wanted to feel the boa)!

March 19: Ammon got 2nd place overall today at his first High School golf tournament!!! Woo-Hoo!

March 21: Spring Break=Spring Cleaning! I spent the majority of today helping Jonah and Micah deep-clean their bedroom, remove all their too-small clothes, go through grow boxes to get their next size clothes out, and rearrange their furniture. They were good little workers, and it feels nice to have at least one clean room in our house!

March 22: Reached a milestone post on my blog today: number 1111! (It makes me feel like I'm #1 with all those ones!)

March 23: I feel like spring cleaning has been successful! Today, Kanyon helped me clean out his room. I'm proud of the boys for getting rid of stuff they don't use: we took 3 big bags of stuff to donate to Rags & Wags, and I can't believe how much garbage we hauled out of their rooms too (our trash can is overflowing now). I'm happy we got it all done in 2 days; so now we can enjoy the rest of spring break!!

March 29: The last 10 days of spring break have been nice: spring cleaning the house, spending time with friends, and working on my college class. But yesterday and today have been the best part for sure: going camping in sunshine-y weather! I feel so rejuvenated!!

No comments: