Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Never Say "Never"

There's a commercial on T.V. right now that I just love. Maybe you know of it...there's a guy who says to his friends while at some club "I will never get married", then he does. Next he says to his wife "we will never have one of THOSE" in reference to screaming kids, then they do, followed by "we will never have another kid", which of course they do. Then he says "we'll never live in the suburbs", and then they move there. Lastly he says "we'll never get a minivan", and then you see him buying one. Even if you haven't seen the commercial, I'm sure you get the point. I personally find this ad hilarious, because it's so true: I've said "NEVER" and then totally did what I said I wouldn't do!!! Except for me, it's not true in the sense of becoming a parent or living in the suburbs or owning a van (I mean, I've done all those things, but I also WANTED to do all those things). No...in this case, the whole "we'll never..." phrase has been true for Josh & I in regards to pets.

I always told Josh "we'll NEVER get a dog". Josh and the boys convinced me otherwise, and we got one in the fall of 2012.

Josh always said "we will NEVER have inside dogs". But then it got cold, like in the negative teens or twenties, one night in the winter of 2013, so we let our dog Tiki sleep in the house. Now she basically sleeps in the house EVERY night all fall, winter, and spring!

Josh used to say "we will NEVER let the cat in the house". But once our cat Torch noticed the dog coming in the house frequently, he wanted to come in too, and nobody argued. He doesn't sleep in the house overnight, though, he just likes to lay inside and take naps all day in the winter months. He particularly likes MY chair in the living room as his favorite spot to lay, and because he's so adorable when he sleeps, I totally let him.

I admit that I've never been overly fond of animals, but I really, really like this cat. He makes me so happy--and not because he cuddles with me or anything (which he doesn't), I just like looking at him when he's napping. I know that sounds bizarre, but he finds comfort and relaxation while laying in the most unusual positions, and I find it very amusing! When I see him napping in my chair, it produces a smile on my face or a giggle from my mouth, and I really like that he can make me happy by doing absolutely nothing! This past winter, I started taking photos of some of his cute sleeping positions, so even though I've often thought "I will NEVER be one of those people who posts online updates about their pets", I just can't resist!
He has a lot of superman positions. I think he dreams about flying!

Another superman position, this time
with his back legs laying flat in the opposite direction. 

When he heard the beep on my camera, he opened his eyes.
He had been sleeping with his paws sticking straight up!
 
Oh my gosh, he is tooooo cute! I swear it's like watching your
newborn baby sleeping, and the joy you feel to see them so peaceful!

That does NOT look comfortable to me!!

Sometimes he even likes to lay with his head & paws partially off the chair!
Moral of the story: Never Say "NEVER", because whatever you say won't happen most likely will!!

No comments: