Saturday, February 28, 2015

February 2015 on FB

February 1: After being SO sick for a week now, the Dr. called today and said my culture came back POSITIVE for strep! I knew it! I've NEVER had this bad of a sore throat my entire life! I seriously thought I was dying! Unfortunately, since there's not a pharmacy open on Sunday in Salmon, I will have to wait until tomorrow to pick up my antibiotics, so she prescribed me to take "shots of whiskey" until then!!! wink emoticon I'm so happy to have strep so I can FINALLY start taking some drugs to make me better!!! As it turns out, there is one benefit to having untreated strep for a week: since I've been unable to eat anything, I've lost 6 pounds in 7 days!

February 6: Jonah and Micah went to a basketball clinic this morning and loved it (thanks Camille!), and Ammon and Josh are heading to his basketball game at North Fremont this afternoon. Meanwhile, Kanyon can't stop hitting golf balls around the house and outside and won't stop saying things like "I just wish I could go golfing!" and "when will the golf course be open?". I'm glad I have active boys!!

February 10: 8 years ago today, I became a mom for the last time. Happy Birthday to my youngest son, Kanyon! He had a rough time as a baby and toddler, but he's made such huge progress and I'm so proud of him for his strength and courage amidst the challenges he's faced. One of his wishes came true for his birthday: he's been wanting a laptop for two years, and after receiving one as a gift from Josh & I (that he partially helped pay for), and playing on it for a few hours, he said (on his way to bed) "thank you for the half laptop/half tablet". Just hearing him acknowledge the gift on his own made my heart so happy in that moment!

February 11: [posted by Josh] Got kicked out of a basketball game for the 1st time ever tonight. I was ejected for clapping loudly and "looking" at the ref in a "threatening" way! Wish I had a loud enough voice to tell him what I really thought, then I could have at least made it worth it!

February 15: this week in a nutshell (good news first): Josh went to meetings in Boise for 3 days, Kala got her bangs dyed pink for the last time (it's been a year since I started doing it), Ammon shot a 3-pointer at his last basketball game of the season, Jonah got accepted to the Gifted & Talented program at school, Micah won a candy basket for all his readasaurus minutes, Kanyon turned 8 and went to scouts for the first time and celebrated his birthday & valentines day at school! Now for the not-so-good news: Josh got kicked out of a basketball game for his large gestures (clapping & pointing at the ref), Kala didn't get to have a "romantic" valentines dinner with Josh because Texas Roadhouse had a 2 hour wait, Ammon didn't get to play at the last home ball game, Jonah got sick & couldn't go to Kung Fu, and Micah didn't get accepted into G & T.

February 20: I am looking forward to and preparing for Kanyon's baptism tomorrow! It's at the Salmon LDS church at 11 if you wanna come!

February 21: Took Jonah out to Bertram's for his date night tonight. He wanted a big burger, and was full after just a few bites of it! Although, since we celebrated Kanyon's baptism by eating large baked potatoes with all the toppings just a few hours before we went out, that also may have contributed to his being full rather quickly, too.

February 25: Headed out of Salmon to visit my sister in Virginia!!! Taking Ammon on his first flight across the country to see his cousin Quinn, too! Should be a super fun trip; I'm so excited!!!

February 28: Ate the BEST. LUNCH. EVER! at Clyde's in Georgetown yesterday. First group photo of the trip while there:

No comments: