Monday, March 31, 2014

March 2014 on FB

March 1: I have a really bad taste in my mouth right now. It's called Firth.

March 4: Jimmy Fallon is such a fabulous anti-depressant!!!

March 7: Having nightmares simultaneously makes me feel: 1. upset for what occurred in the dream and 2. happy that it didn't happen in real life!

March 8: Josh & I took Kanyon to his first wrestling meet today in Darby, Montana. He did so well! We were both very impressed. Although he didn't win a match, he scored some points and never got pinned and put up a good fight!

March 14: Guess who {finally} got bold enough to add some pink color to her hair (after thinking & talking about it for 6 months!)?!!

March 15: Today, I love: blue skies and warmth of sunshine, taking naps, watching my strong son wrestle in a meet, having a dependable car, seeing my husband in a hoodie, having leftover cooked hamburger to make an easy dinner with, and being with good friends at a movie.

March 16: Sunday siestas never get old!!!

March 18: [in response to a quiz called "What Musical Instrument Are You?", I was told I'm an oboe: "Your brightness and quirkiness lights up any room! The oboe has been said to possess clear and majestic tones"]...I was just teaching my 1st graders today about the oboe...it's the voice of the duck on "Peter and the Wolf"! Random fact...people used to call me "Ducky" in high school because my voice sounded like that character from "Land Before Time". Oboe=Duck=Ducky=Kala

March 20: I am in awe of my young students' talent today! The 2nd/3rd grade show "Movies 101" was phenomenal! I was so proud of all of them and their acting/singing/performing abilities! I've never done such a huge show (100+ kids), and there's been lots of stress and sleepless nights leading up to today, but the internal rewards that I have now are definitely worth it all! I love my job as an elementary music teacher!

March 21: I am PINK dabadeebada!!! Crazy...crazy for feeling so PINK!!! I'll have a PINK Christmas without you. How come there's lots of songs about blue and not more about pink? I decided to change that today! Along with my hair!!!! (Josh replied "Look up Aerosmith's "pink"!)

March 22: Spring Vacation here we come!!! Family trip to Arches National Park--complete with stops to visit family along the way. Hoping for warmth and sunshine, as well as a long car ride without too many backseat fights! ;)

March 28: Today's Good News: I finally paid off my appendicitis surgery (from 8 months ago), I scheduled my first college final for this weekend, I hiked/walked over 7 miles this week in beautiful southern Utah and I woke up today without any more soreness from doing so!

March 30: I've had 10 days off from school, and yet I'm still wishing there was more vacation time before having to go back tomorrow!

March 31: Today's good news: I won a game of Ticket to Ride against my family tonight (yay!!), Josh and the boys de-thatched and mowed our back yard this evening (it looks & feels more like spring now), and I started to read some of my favorite books to my sons' school classes (I just LOVE SkippyJon Jones books and anything by Roald Dahl!).

No comments: